The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 08-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default Taylor T5-C1 Burst-virtually MINT

Taylor T5-C1 Burst Finish.SOLD

I love T5's. Each and every one is incredible in terms of versatility and play-ability. I currently own three of them and have owned a bunch over the years. I decided I need only own two, so this one is for sale. These are great guitars because of all I said, but additionally because they can be played quietly (without amplification) in an office or at home without "disrupting the neighbors". Then if you want to pound out some tunes, flip the switch and off you go. A friend also found a way to plug them into small portable speakers to have a truly portable guitar for travel or to take out to the park.

So, this one is virtually flawless. The frets are in great shape, and there is hardly a mark on the guitar. It has been babied, and played on rare occasions because it has been in my office. I took off the traditional Taylor tuners and had the Gotoh Delta 510s installed which adds to the beauty of this one. Feel free to contact me with questions, etc.

Price: SOLD Taylor T5 hard shell case included.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 09-01-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

BUMP for a SWEET T5-C1. This is the upgrade model with the added appointments on the fretboard and Gold tuners...which have also been upgraded to Gotoh's.

This is a great guitar! Low miles

Old 08-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Bump for a nice T-5. I've had some interest, but no buyers. It's ready to ship your way. I'm open to offers

Old 08-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

The upgraded tuners are an excellent add-on, IMO.

Friendly bump for a sweet looking' guitar
Old 08-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Nice. One of my favorites. GLWS.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks for the nice comments. I personally think these guitars are one of the "best kept secrets" out there. They play so beautifully in so many settings with or without amplification. When amplified, the multiple sound options from Acoustic on one end to bone crunching rock on the other (and about everything in between), I think they are a very complete instrument. I would honestly think that just about anyone who has multiple guitars would want one of these to fill in any remaining "gaps". And anyone with a limited budget would see this as a way to cover a lot of ground with one guitar.

I'm both of those guys...hence I own three...soon to be two. Let me know if you want to make one some of my stuff, your stuff ...

Last edited by invguy921; 08-27-2014 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 AM

Default Bump

I love T5's also. I have had three or 4. They are amazing and as handy as a pocket on a shirt. Bump for the nicest guy on the internet.
Pics Of My Guitar Herd
'03 Martin 000-JBP (#64 of 305)
'06 Martin OM-28V
'90 Martin D35 Shadetop (Genuinely Aged)
'19 Martin 00-18V Ambertone (Custom Order)
'11 Taylor T5 Koa Deluxe
Awaiting - PWGC Single 0 Brazilian Shadetop

Live life loud, so when the silence falls, everyone will know that you are gone.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownjeff View Post
I love T5's also. I have had three or 4. They are amazing and as handy as a pocket on a shirt. Bump for the nicest guy on the internet.
Was it Dale Carnegie who taught "be hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise"? Well, to call me "the nicest guy on the internet", takes that to a whole new level. Thanks Jeff, and although i appreciate your kindness, I have to honesty admit I have missed that high mark you've so generously given...must be that early morning cup of Joe kickin' in for ya huh? .

The other statement about the T5 being "as handy as a pocket on a shirt" however is spot on. You said it so eloquently . Thanks for the nice remarks AND the "bump".

I'm listening for offers....have had a couple...would love to hear more.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

I owned a T5 koa once-amazing guitar and was just a great feel to hold. I used it to play at night when the family was a sleep, unplugged you still get the tone, just don't have to worry about waking others up. I remember that guitar taught me how to barre chord on my acoustics.

you don't see many of these come up for sale these days, and this one is a looker.

I've looked it a couple times now over the past week and I don't play electric anything-although I still have the electric and acoustic amp upstairs(I used to plug both in and switch between using mine with each sound.

top shelf seller as well-cant go wrong here folks

goodness, decisions, decisions
d
Old 08-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
I remember that guitar taught me how to barre chord on my acoustics.
d
Daryl, I have done the very same thing. In fact, my guitar instructor has me working on some complicated jazz tunes and some of those chords can be "daunting" at best on an acoustic. I find myself learning the songs on my T5, then transferring them over to the big box when my familiarity with the chords and my hand strength has been developed enough. But interestingly, due to the shorter scale length of the T5, I find myself reaching more and more for that guitar over my bigger ones.

I guess all of us think about "what if's"...my "what if" is what if I get tight on money, which guitars stay and which go?? I recently decided that as tough as it would be to sell some of my others, the T5's would most likely stay. It's logical...they do virtually everything you could want.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 PM

+1 on Mike as a seller - doesn't get any better on AGF. And, as former owner of this guitar, I can vouch for its tone and playability - it's fabulous. I only let it go ... as a trade for my current T5!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
+1 on Mike as a seller - doesn't get any better on AGF. And, as former owner of this guitar, I can vouch for its tone and playability - it's fabulous. I only let it go ... as a trade for my current T5!
Thanks Andy. This truly is a wonderful guitar with great tone. Being an office guitar and having so much on my plate for the past months, it has been out of the case not more than once or twice per week, but I've enjoyed it on every occasion. Easy to play, wonderful tone, perfect setup for me. Someone will LOVE this guitar!

Old 08-29-2014, 09:09 AM

I have owned two of these, I don't know why I keep trading them away. This one is gorgeous. Good luck with the sale!

2007 Fender American Strat Mayer Black One Custom Relic
2010 Gibson Brad Paisley Custom J45
2011 Gibson Hummingbird
2011 Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong Custom Shop J180
2013 Gibson Custom Shop J45 - Pelham Blue
2013 Gibson Les Paul Signature T
1997 Taylor 355 12 String
1979 Yamaha CJ-838S
Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 PM

Default Born on

Hi, can you tell me the year of this guitar please?
Thanks
Jim
Hagstrom Swede
Fender Amer Strat-Honeyburst
Epiphone Pro ES 339
Old 08-31-2014, 06:10 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterra1 View Post
Hi, can you tell me the year of this guitar please?
Thanks
Jim
Jim,

Sorry for the late response. This guitar was built in 2006. Make no mistake however, this guitar looks almost as good as any coming straight off of the assembly line. It is as good of condition as any I've owned. I am really particular about the condition of my guitars, and this one is no exception.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars