The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-24-2016, 01:34 PM

Default An "Impression" of my latest album from a producer

You never know who the Universe is going to bring back into your life....
I have an old high school friend who now works in the recording industry
as a producer in a Los Angeles recording studio. He heard my music and liked it.
He asked me where he could "Buy" it. I sent him a free download code.
He refused it and said no, he wanted to Buy my music and support my efforts.
A few days went by and I felt he had forgotten.
Then yesterday he bought my entire catalog of Gil Michael songs on Bandcamp!...
that is a first! So he has been listening and he sent me this message which I'd like to share with you:

"I'm listening to Open the Door... This is a really strong album. Really strong.
I listened to Love, Lost and in between and I enjoyed it. Great. But this album is really moving.
You stepped up the songwriting leaps and bounds. I'm impressed, Kid. This deserves some promotion.
I could hear it being "orchestrated" just a bit - some additional instruments here and there and some harmony vocals." - Michael

PS: I'm not trying to sell music on this forum. If you want to stream and listen to my latest album "Open The Door Spotlight" for free
it is on Bandcamp and if you like what you hear please PM me and I will gladly send you a free download code.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:41 AM

Gil, I just scanned thru all of the songs on your Soundcloud page... you are a very talented singer/songwriter, I enjoyed everything there... outstanding songwriting... lot's of Neil Young influence, and I am a huge NY fan.

I've always thought I'd like to hear acoustic NY with instruments other than harmonica... clarinet? harpsichord? mandolin?... it would be interesting to hear your songs a bit more produced, with a bit more thickness.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell