The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitz View Post
Always start with the beer.
Make mine a Molson Ice!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM

cheers alaskaboy, thats sounds pretty darn thorough. This'll prob sound like a bit of a dumb ?, but bein a technophobe, wat does the monster adapter do?, will one xlr lead not carry the vocals and guitar from the amp to the powered speaker?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 PM

Hi again :-)

Technically you could get away with using only one XLR male to the Behringer active speaker, but you would be getting only one half of the total mix. This might not matter right now, but to know how to correctly mix is always a nice skill to have, and as you use your system more, you'll become more familiar with its features and utilize more of those as you progress.

The amplifier sends out two signals, left and right. You would be using only one side of the signal. by using the combined Y adapter to mono, you would combine the two XLR left/right signals into one mono signal, and having a complete signal going to the speaker. If you ever plug a CD player into the acoustic amp you'll see you're only getting one channel of the stereo mix. SOMETHING I FORGOT TO MENTION: If you get the XLR Y adapter I recommended, you can use a standard XLR cable to run to the Behringer Active Speaker. It has both 1/4" and XLR inputs, as well as one XLR output to daisy chain to other powered cabinets.

The short answer is no harm done, but I'm kind of obsessive about details, so after reading my own post, I went to eBay and bought one of the XLR Y adapters to 1/4" cables lol.

I forgot to mention, Behringer always sends out a fantastic manual with all their stuff. READ THE MANUAL BACK TO BACK. THEN READ IT AGAIN. YOU WILL LEARN A LOT. PROMISE

You aren't really a technophobe, you're just being cautious and learning a new skill. Good for you! Keep us posted let us know how this works out for you! Cheers back at you :-)

Will

Last edited by alaskaboy; 10-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM

Default elevating speaker

If there is any way you could elevate your speaker, this would give you a lot more capacity to fill a space with sound, but at a reasonable volume. Slightly over head high is best.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 AM

Shweet! .... Ordered one. I have the speaker on a pole over head height and have the amp on an amp stand just off the floor....... Thats my amplification sorted, now jus need to ease this cravin 4 a new guitar. Played a breedlove ac250 whilst searching 4 a cheap beater. Couldn't resist........ BLASTED GAS!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification