The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-20-2017, 04:25 AM

Default pickup swap advice

Got a few questions -

#1 I just picked up a breedlove atlas series, love the sound of the guitar, but the stock pickup system kinda sucks. just doesnt have the body and depth to my martins with LR baggs and K&K trinity.

who has swapped a pickup in a breedlove before? Id imagine itds be pretty easy: just bypass the onboard stuff, but leave it installed so theres no holes in the sides of the guitars. haha

I also have a martin 000-rsgt coming in today, got it in a trade. it has the sonitone usb. I dont like fishman pickups at all. has anyone swapped anything in this guitar?

#2 has anyone every wired up two lr baggs pickups together? like the m1a and the anthem SL or lyric? so youd have a dual/triple source, with dual volumes, but not in stereo. just down to one mono jack?

my other martins have the k&k trinity system with external preamp. its a great sounding pickup, but i dont like the lack of 'plug and play' that it offers since you need the preamp + stereo cable to make it work.

thinking i might go all the way back to LR baggs + a para di once this is all said and done.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification