The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-24-2017, 12:21 AM

Default Keith Urban 30 lessons in 30 days

Howdy folks. I stumbled across Kieth Urbans 30 lessons in 30 days series on Youtube and have followed along with some of the lessons which have been great so far. Ive learned a lot and it keeps practicing fun and interesting. It helps that Im a huuuge fan of Keith Urban..

However I can't seem to find all of them on Youtube, especially the 1st lesson.
I would buy it except
A..Its on DVD and I haven't owned a DVD player in years.
B.. It's very expensive
C..You can only get it in the USA from what I can find.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find lesson 1?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyboi View Post
Howdy folks. I stumbled across Kieth Urbans 30 lessons in 30 days series on Youtube and have followed along with some of the lessons which have been great so far. Ive learned a lot and it keeps practicing fun and interesting. It helps that Im a huuuge fan of Keith Urban..

However I can't seem to find all of them on Youtube, especially the 1st lesson.
I would buy it except
A..Its on DVD and I haven't owned a DVD player in years.
B.. It's very expensive
C..You can only get it in the USA from what I can find.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find lesson 1?

Thanks.
I recently ran into this on Youtube too, and really like how the lessons are presented. He makes learning look like fun, and the ability to play along with the band and/or have them play background is a bonus that makes you want to practice all the more in order to get better. I believe that the set of DVDs were originally part of a 50-piece package from 2014 which included a signature acoustic guitar that he was hawking on the Home Shopping CHannel. You should buy it because:

A. Yes, they are on DVD, but a Blu-Ray player should be able to play that format. Otherwise, buy a used DVD player. People are constantly upgrading their electronics, so you can probably get one for a song, lol
B. It's NOT terribly expensive! The original package cost 300 USD, but as I previously stated, that price included the guitar. You find a sealed set of DVDs on eBay for around 15-20 USD if you shop around.
C. These are now also available on the Australian eBay site from US shippers for around 20 USD:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Player-B...EAAOSwLjhdBG-s

I'm afraid that may the only way that you'll actually be able to view Lesson 1, but I think that owning the complete set of lessons is really going to be worth its weight in gold!

Good luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write