The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-26-2014, 11:21 AM

Default Microphone advice for recording newbie

I'm just starting to record myself, for the purpose of finding out just how frightening I might sound to an audience, and so I can fix what isn't sounding good.

I have a Tascam Portastudio MP-01 with a 1/4 inch microphone input. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced microphone to record audio and acoustic guitar for such a purpose?

As I indicated in a previous post, my current microphone is a Teac TM 77, and it seems to be providing a weak signal. I've noticed that some others have experienced the same problem with this mic.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:35 PM

Not familiar with that recorder but it may have weak pre's contributing to your low output. As is true with most things, it's all about budget so you should consider how much is too much at this time. Welcome to one of the worst addictions since Heroin.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD