The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 PM

Default Acoustic pedals?

I just bought a Breedlove Whiskey Burst Concert. Played it through a Fishman Loudbox Mini and it sounds great, lots of dynamic range. Wondering what recommendations there are for a pedal preamp - LR Baggs Venue? I finger pick and play rhythm a lot with occasional solos.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

Depends on the pickup in the guitar...
Old 01-15-2018, 07:52 PM

If your guitar has an onboard preamp, you don't really need an outboard one as well.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Done View Post
If your guitar has an onboard preamp, you don't really need an outboard one as well.
Sure, an outboard preamp is not essential but it does give you more tone-shaping possibilities, feedback suppression, etc. I run a Baggs M1 passive PUP through the Venue (as well as a mandolin, and sometimes a Gretsch resonator) and have always been happy with the results. The Venue also gives you the variable boost option and a mute/tuner. There are lots of complaints about the tuner. I have not found it to be inaccurate but sometimes it does not respond and I have to click it on and off to get it working. I always have a snark or a mini soundhole tuner in place anyway in case as back up. I would have no reservations recommending the Venue.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:25 PM

A cheaper alternative is the zoom A3 a really well made great sounding preamp, and can take a mic (xlr) which you can blend into your sound....ive used one for the last few gigs and was very impresed, you can pick them up for half the price of the Baggs......worth checking out

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification