The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-18-2017, 05:24 PM

Default Birthday purchase question

I have some money from my birthday and am considering either a USB microphone to record my guitar or an acoustic guitar amp. Both would be to just mess around with with very occasional use with others. Which do you think would get more mileage
Old 11-18-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophaster View Post
I have some money from my birthday and am considering either a USB microphone to record my guitar or an acoustic guitar amp. Both would be to just mess around with with very occasional use with others. Which do you think would get more mileage
I'd go for the amp. If you ever wanna sell it down the road, it's a lot easier to sell and/or trade an amp than a mic. Also, the amp will be more versatile since most acoustic amps have a mic in and a guitar in, plus onboard effects.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:47 PM

Do you record or perform more? That should point you in the right direction.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:55 PM

Is your guitar an acoustic electric or would you have to add a pickup? Without a pickup, go with a microphone. With a pickup, get an amp and plug it in. You can even walk around while playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion