The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-16-2017, 03:48 AM

Default Machines of Heaven

I love saying that ! It's weird, just like the music...

I doodle and practice on the old Norman B-20 almost every day , still, but
lately my sonic adventures have been focused on EBow and a (hecho en Mejico) Stratocaster . After a couple years on and off of dorking around with effects pedals , the latest (2nd half of 2017) batch of musical atrocities has actually yielded some pleasing results.

I have adopted a lazy style of noodling whilst battling with a split chain of pedals - some pedals left and some pedals right - and the EBow, to search for interesting sounds . A typical session consists of at least 95% complete garbage , out of which I splice together maybe five decent minutes out of an hour or two . So, all these new tunes are improvised (which I suck tremendously at, btw, seriously ) , and just one stereo track .
Ones with "loop" in the title have a drone tone on a looper , that I EBow over.
Some have a smidge of software effects used after recording .

This whole approach has developed into me moving into and learning new areas of amplified sound (not with an amp, but direct to PC via Pod 2.0 and usb mixer) . It's taken a while - listening to 2015 and 2016's noises can be
rough , and I'm sure most of this batch will sound crap in a few years, though some parts will stand and age well- for this style to get anywhere respectable, but I feel like it's at least partially there.

I like listening to it, and that's really why I do it

So here you go, again :
I do suggest headphones or loud speakers.

Hello and goodbye (as I'm in discussion board addiction recovery) (^8
DS

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Last edited by D. Shelton; 11-16-2017 at 03:58 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell