The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-19-2017, 06:05 AM

I have the new version up and running as well. It's mighty quick. However, I find myself bouncing back and forth between it and Chrome, as there are still some extensions and things that I use in Chrome that aren't (yet) happy in the new Firefox. I expect that will change pretty soon. Guess we'll see.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
I just recently switched to Chrome as FF was bogging down repeatedly (and locking up), resource meter showed Flash was causing the issue. In Chrome, Flash is still a CPU hog, but at least it doesn't lock up as often (but it still does lock up, requiring a cold boot).
Chrome has used a lot more resources for quite a while. I would suspect your Flash version, maybe something like cryptomining occurring, but not the browsers if this has been a year+ problem. I've had to look at this with a lot of detail. We have 750ish employees and have to accommodate and make work web-based applications for business apps, time & attendance, HR, vendor orders, Office 365 and G Suite.

The reality is one often needs to use more than one browser. It is unfortunate when there are not efforts for compatibility the way Apple and Microsoft often make them. I was happy to see Google playing catch up with Hangouts (Hangouts Meet) then bummed to see you have to have Chrome for a perfect example.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Mozilla also just released a new version of the iPhone version Firefox that has a much more logical interface.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-19-2017, 12:56 PM

i just switched back to FF after using leaded chrome for a while. while it does seem faster, it does have its own bugs as all of them do.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic