The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Default New JamMan by Digitech

Anyone played with one of these yet? It looks very intriguing, especially since you can store loops to Compact Flash cards (up to 2 gigs!, which is 387 minutes). Only a bit more $ than a Line6 DL4. Comments from you loopers or music store employees.....
Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 PM

Pretty cool looking gadget. I checked out the manual. The only problem I see (at least for my purposes) is the same problem I see with the Loop Station. You can save a bunch of loops, yes. But you have to manually save them - then you can recall them. For example - if I have loop 1 going on stage and I add some overdubs to it, then I switch to loop 2, everything I just overdubbed over loop one is lost unless I store it first. Just not possible in real time. That's why my Boomerang has not been replaceable yet. I can (in real time) start loop 1 and add some overdubs, start loop 2 (seamlessly with my feet) and overdub to it. Then I can seamlessly switch back and forth without losing anything. Now - you do sacrifice some things with the Boomerang: you can't save a loop. Once it's written over or the power is off - it's gone. This would be nice because sometimes I get lucky and find a good groove - then later I forget what I was playing. And it has no undo feature. That would be a plus, also. The only unit I've seen with all of the above is the pricey Echoplex.

Anyhow - I'm glad you posted this. I hadn't heard of it until now. As a simple practice tool it would be perfect.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification