The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-07-2017, 09:31 AM

Default Why I was, am and will be a Fire-eye customer

I've got 3 or 4 preamps by Fire-eye in the last years and I find them simply amazing and delivering high quality without frills. One little dee-eye preamp started giving some problems and not running from time to time, so I could not use it. What a pity, it was the preamp I used the most. Little, simple, great tone out of my K&Ks. Recently I emailed Daren at Fire-eye and asked if there was a way to fix it. It was not convenient to ship it from Italy to Texas and back, so I hoped for some remote guidance. But Daren shipped a new one to me straight away. 5 days later it arrived. No questions, no arguing, nothing. He just asked the courtesy to deliver the old one to him to check, but only if one day I'll be in the US (he did not want me to face the cost of international shipping). The preamp was 2-3 years old, I think. None of us mentioned the warranty or such. It was just the creator of a product making sure one of his customers is not laid down. That should be normal, but it is not. That's why I am going to stick with Fire-eye products for a long time. It's not just about the quality you get (and here we are talking about the finest quality), but the fact that I don't want to buy a product, I want to buy a solution. And you need great people to deliver a solution.
Thank you Daren!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

In my long experience with Daren, he usually picks up the phone in 3 rings. Could not ask for better customer service.

Steve
Old 01-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Wow! That's a great example of great service!
Old 01-07-2017, 01:27 PM

I called the other day and talked to Daren. What a great guy and you can tell that he really cares about his product and company. A+
Old 01-07-2017, 03:38 PM

I too have had very good service from Daren. He's answered all my questions directly whenever I called. He did send me a a new Red Eye directly after I stepped on one at a weird angle and broke the boost knob. It was an accident on my part. No talk of warranty at all...just sent a new one out and ask me to send the old one back. Very nice. Couldn't ask for more. Not to mention the product works wonderfully.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!
Always wonderful to hear about someone who actually stands behind their product, all the way...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 01-09-2017, 08:06 AM
AGF Sponsor

Yep. The Fire Eye team is great to work with. We're proud to rep for them and they treat their dealers just as nice.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 01-09-2017, 08:20 AM

So great to hear! I have a red-eye also!
Buscarino Starlight nylon, Martin 000C-RGTE, Godin nylon duet ambiance, Breedlove Bossa Nova, cedar/EIR, Breedlove SC-20, cedar/walnut, Ovation Nylon LX1773, CA Cargo, CA GX, Larrivee 00-03, sitka/hog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification