The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 AM

Default regarding the CA Legacy on ebay

I have a 2004 CA Legacy AE (Vintage voicing) with the ebony fingerboard. It isn't quite as "bold" as the one on ebay!

I have no complaints with this guitar. In fact, it is the only one left from the herd, as I don't like to hoard instruments that are not being played and am not. So, it has replaced my Gibson Gospel and J-200, Taylor 710, 314CE and Big Baby. I have also owned other guitars through the 47 years of guitar playing and this is far and away my favorite.

There are downsides, but as I said I wouldn't complain about them. One is the fact that other folks in the music community around here tend to think it is a toy. Their loss. The ones who do ask to try it out have all (and I mean that literally) loved it. They especially like the fact that simple pick selection can completely change the tone from rich and warm to bright and "sparking;" a word used my others, not me.

The second real issue that the top sucks up heat from the sun very efficiently! I have to avoid playing it with summer sun directly on the top. It becomes very hot to the touch. Stays in tune, though!

Summary; for some I guess that Legacy on Ebay is a steal. If I didn't have one (and one is enough) I'd buy it myself.

Good luck!

Stoney
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM

If your looking for a boomer- consider the Composite Acoustics Legacy. Great sounding, great looking, & great projection.

I bought mine used from Ted @ LA Guitars. I also bought my Cargo from Ted. Great outfit and they ship quick!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 PM

Just bought a Composite Acoustics GX Performer and I am digging it. I also played a Rainsong Shorty the other day that blew me away. Still thinking about going back for that one.

Martib OM-28V
Martin D-28
Taylor GS eMini Mahogany
Carvin Cobalt C980TMW Jumbo
Breedlove D25/SR
Breedlove Passport C250/CMe
Taylor "Jars of Clay" Dreadnought
Composite Acoustics GX Performer
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM

Excellent choice, sir! Enjoy your GX; I know I'm really happy with mine.

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber