The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM

Cool Are there Carbon Fibers with 1 11/16 necks?

I have a CA Cargo with electronics that I love. Now, I'd like to get recommendations for a 000 sized CF with a 1 11/16 neck. I don't play dreds. The size and depth bother my shoulder. What do you recommend.
It would be great if folks could also recommend a dealer. I bought my Cargo from Ted at LA Guitars. thanks, michael s.
Godin ACS SA Sunburst
Composite Acoustics Cargo
Campbell American UK1
G&L ASAT Classic
Aria Sinsinido
Fender Precision Bass
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 PM

The CA GX and GXi models can be ordered with either 1 3/4" or 1 11/16" nut width. These are Grand Auditorium sized guitars. From the CA website:

"Available with 1.75" nut width or new "Narrow Neck" 1.69" nut width"

I bought my GX from Michael Stone at MacNichol Guitars. Great dealer and customer service. Plus, they're an AGF sponsor.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael s View Post
I have a CA Cargo with electronics that I love. Now, I'd like to get recommendations for a 000 sized CF with a 1 11/16 neck. I don't play dreds. The size and depth bother my shoulder. What do you recommend.
It would be great if folks could also recommend a dealer. I bought my Cargo from Ted at LA Guitars. thanks, michael s.
You do realize that the neck on your Cargo is 1 3/4"? Do you find it too wide?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44 AM

If it was me, I'd get in touch with Ted at LA Guitars and Michael at Macnichols and follow their advice. Both are excellent to deal with and are AGF sponsors.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:32 AM

you certainly have several options:

You can order any Emerald with any neck width (bigger or thinner). i think that the X20-OS would be the best match for you. it sounds similar to a dread but feels much smaller when you hold it. the right arm bevel and the contoured back and sides make it really easy to hold the standard is 1 3/4 but there is no problem to order any custom neck width.

i've seen a pair of blackbirds with 1 11/16 necks. The super OM would be the best match for you

CA/Peavey offers 1 11/16 necks for some of their models like the OX and the GX (i've even seen a Legacy raw with 1 11/16)
Wes Lambe 8-strings
Avalon dread
...and some old fender, basses, violins, harps...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber