The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
Dave, apologies for never posting an update.

Bill did a great job thinning down my TRC and it installed with no issues. The D and G just lightly touch the bottom edge, not enough to cause a kink or anything. I'll try and get a pic taken.

I'm very happy!
Thanks. I just took some pics of the stock TRC and sent them to Bill with the idea of grading the thickness of the TRC downward as you approach the screw holes at the bottom. My thoughts are that it would still be well below the inlay, but allow the strings to pass over the nut without touching it.

I sent him a macro image that I took of the stock TRC where the strings touch to give him a view of what I was thinking. I will report back, but this is the design that I was hoping to have him create.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

That's really nice!

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber