The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-10-2013, 04:23 AM

Default Lame Horse guitars now in London UK (Videos!)

So... We now have 3 very lovely instruments all the way from Texas in our London HQ by the banks of the Thames!

There's more info about father and son team Chris and Jeremy Jenkins of Lame Horse Guitars here

First up is "Blondie" a gorgeous 12-fret Saddle Pal guitar in Oregon Myrtle and Engelmann Spruce. You may recognise this guitar from the front cover of Acoustic Guitar magazine...

You can see and hear Blondie in action here

Next comes Sexy Sadie, the first LH-14 model to come to the UK. the LH-14 is Lame Horse Guitar's first 14 fret model and I've loved the design ever since I demo'd the first one at the Montreal guitar Show a couple of years ago. Sexy Sadie is right here!

And now for something completely different...

The Lame Horse Gitjo is a surprisingly versatile instrument that will expand your horizons like nothing else! Very addictive indeed...

It is right here but be careful with that axe Eugene...

If you have been affected by any of the issues in these videos including G.A.S or even B.A.S then get in touch immediately.
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Wonderfully showcased, Michael! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:13 PM

The sound of the Sexy Sadie wasn't at all what I expected- sounds like a really well round tone machine to me, rather than the blues monster it looks like. Really suited your more contemporary piece.

The banjo guitar was a little more unusual- not quite a guitar sound, not quite a banjo sound, and I can see this really suiting an experimental player. In fact, wonder it would sound like in Dadgad or Csus 2? Ummmm....

Robbie
Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

That Saddle Pal...kudos to those guys for such an original (yet beautiful) design.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
Wonderfully showcased, Michael! Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed the vids Billy, thanks for watching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrobbiej1 View Post
The sound of the Sexy Sadie wasn't at all what I expected- sounds like a really well round tone machine to me, rather than the blues monster it looks like. Really suited your more contemporary piece.

The banjo guitar was a little more unusual- not quite a guitar sound, not quite a banjo sound, and I can see this really suiting an experimental player. In fact, wonder it would sound like in Dadgad or Csus 2? Ummmm....

Robbie
That's very true Robbie, these guitars will do it all! They really love open tunings too. I think a lot of the sound I got with the Gitjo was down to me playing without finger picks, when you really dig in it becomes a lot more banjo-y...

I'm planning another video with it in DADGAD showcasing how well it responds to Greek/Turkish music. I used to play a bit of Cumbus (a Turkish 12-string fretless banjo) and this is a lot easier to navigate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_chord View Post
That Saddle Pal...kudos to those guys for such an original (yet beautiful) design.
Very true Brian, very true!
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM

We recently hosted an unplugged night here in London which was headlined by James Walsh ex frontman of "Starsailor". Here he is on Sexy Sadie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZkOSlQyEq4

Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop