The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Charter Member

The Adamento that's getting so much coverage here is an incredible sounding guitar. I never got to play the rosewood one (I think it belongs to a coffee tycoon in Asia) but the sequel has more warmth and complexity than I ever thought possible with a maple spruce guitar.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_chord View Post
The Adamento that's getting so much coverage here is an incredible sounding guitar. I never got to play the rosewood one (I think it belongs to a coffee tycoon in Asia) but the sequel has more warmth and complexity than I ever thought possible with a maple spruce guitar.
Out of the two I preferred the Maple guitar, but I love the tone of maple when it's done right!
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

I have yet to play one of his guitars. However, I have played many of his students guitars (not his apprentices guitars though) and whatever he's teaching works. I hope to play one and hear it for myself. From every private conversation I've had with luthiers they all say he's the real deal.

Kindly,
Danny
Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
I've been known to enjoy them...

No offense, but does anyone know of any YouTube videos with better recording quality? The one on Michael Watt's YouTube channel and a few other live crowd recordings are the only ones I can find...
Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naccoachbob View Post
B&h 0042??
Blazer & Henkes, I'm guessing. A friend has two or three of their instruments that I've been privileged to play. Outstanding guitars.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM

What makes Somogyi so good? In my mind it is the fact that he has been constantly experimenting with the top and it's bracing patterns throughout his total career. He has never, that I know, ever settled into any set way of building his tops. He is always trying to make small gains that through the years have added up to exceptional sound. By the way, my only evidence of this comes from his book set on guitar building. Great info and worth a read by anyone interested in how the guitar works. Many small builders settle into a standard approach and while they make excellent guitars, they fall short of what Somogyi has done. And that does not at all speak to his level of workmanship which has few peers. All IMHO of course.
Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop