The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-15-2018, 08:57 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by speclk19 View Post
I don't play much finger-style, more flat picking and strumming. I like playing want an instrument with the range to play acoustic classic rock.
I've owned a CEO-7, and have played a 00DB. Honestly, neither would be my choice for what you're describing. There's lots of note separation with the CEO-7, making it an outstanding fingerstlyle guitar, but it never won me over for strumming. The DB is better in that regard, but the deep body made it sound a little tubby to my ears -- nice enough, but indistinct.

If you're set on a Martin, I'd probably point you towards more of an all-rounder, like an 000-18. If you're open to other brands, the Gibson LG-2 American Eagle would fit the bill really well.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Location: A small island off the coast of a bigger island off the coast of a giant continent

I've had both for quite a while. Both wildly different animals. I love the woody nature of the 00-DB for a wide variety of stuff, finger and strum. The CEO-7 is a beautiful guitar to play with fingers. I've also found the CEO-7 to be one of the most consistently 'easy' guitars to record...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion