The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 12-21-2017, 10:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Blue Chip Picks Promo: Free Shipping till December 31st

I know some people think I'm an idiot for promoting someone else's products, but I've never looked at it that way. I also don't see them as a "competitor." This is a fantastic company with fantastic products. For me to say otherwise would be to lie, and my reputation and integrity is far more important than that.

As they do every year from Thanksgiving till New Years Day, they are offering free shipping on every pick order, which will save you about $5.00 per pick. Pretty cool. Here's their site.

http://www.bluechippick.net/

Happy holidays to all of you,

scott memmer

P.S. We have no affiliation or vested interest in this company. We just love their products.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:45 PM

Scott, it's gracious of you to mention Blue Chip's promotion. I know that in my personal dealings with you you've been a good guy in every regard, so your graciousness here doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I try to do the same thing when it comes to guitar strings. I'm a John Pearse artist endorser, because I love their strings - NOT because they're paying me big bucks to do that, I don't get a DIME! - but because Breezy Ridge/John Pearse Strings and Accessories is a good company making great products. Great products that work especially well for the way I play.

But every single guitar string company out there is doing their darndest to make good strings, too. There are really no bad guitar strings on the market these days, and most of them are superb products. Some just work better for some folks than for others.

So I find your attitude towards the folks at Blue Chip and their products to be admirable. More power to you both.

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 12-23-2017, 12:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

Wade, on the run but did want to acknowledge your post. I will try to keep this short.

You and I have been friends for a long time now, and you were among those who had a front-row seat to our start-up here on AGF. We have so many companies we respect, either through their customer service or their products -- Wegen, Red Bear, Dunlop, Gravity -- but certainly Blue Chip is at the top of the list. I've never seen other companies as a "competitors" or "rivals," and don't view BC that way. In fact, if you look at the way we've gone to market with our brown line, you'll see that I've INTENTIONALLY designed that line to go head-to-head with BC as little as possible. This was by design, Wade, not by accident. I don't know these folks, but I wanted to send a very clear signal that we don't want their business, we don't want their customers. They are thriving, and we want them to continue to thrive in what they do so well.

In a mature market, the more credible players enter the market, the more EVERYONE's business expands. This is the way it works. I'm sure BC is continuing to experience double-digit growth every month, as are we. Their health makes the entire category healthy.

I don't wanna drag on and on, but just to thank you and wish you Happy Holidays. For us to be online less than 18 months, and for CL to be mentioned in the same breath as companies I've admired for decades, is truly humbling. I never would have predicted it.

Thanks again, Wade. I'm a proud Sponsor on AGF and, as always, a grateful and proud friend of yours as well. See ya on the Board -- and stay warm up their in the Arctic Circle, won't you?

scott memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 12-23-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:46 PM

Nice Scott, it’ll bring some good karma your way as well.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for your post. You know, honestly, I appreciate you saying that, but that's not why I do things like this.

I'll try to give you the short version. About four years ago, I was very very ill for about six months. When I recovered, my life exploded in creativity in about ten different directions, Charmed Life being only one of them. In this celebration of a miraculous recovery and rebirth, I learned that one of the best ways to make oneself content with one's circumstances, whatever they may be, was to express gratitude openly, frequently and unashamedly. It can actually make you happy.

Sounds silly, but one of the things I started doing was paying for Starbucks at the drive-thru for the person behind me, then racing off before they could thank me. You would not BELIEVE the bounty and riches that have come my way through this new attitude and approach (and I don't even BELIEVE in that Power of Attraction rot and all that -- I still don't!). And when I talk about riches, I'm talking spiritual, not material. Try it sometime: Pay for someone behind you and see if it doesn't make your day.

Also, I grew up in farm country, outside of Cleveland (I've been in L.A. since high school, though). My relatives were simple, hard-working, honest Americans. They didn't put on airs, and they were salt of the earth. I learned from them the importance of integrity and honesty in all dealings, even if it makes you look bad. Face the trouble head on, admit your mistake, ask for forgiveness and move on. It is their legacy I carry with me. My father, who I lost five years ago, remains my hero. He was humble but kind, honest, generous, funny as hell, and an enthusiast of everything about life. And he did NOT have an easy life. He made the best of some very trying circumstances, both as a both and as a man. And those are the people I admire. And that is why I try to always be honest and give the next fella the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't pounded into me; it was imbued.

I've had too much coffee.

Thank You,
Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 12-24-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Just wanted to bump this for you folks, as I believe their promo ends tomorrow. Terrific deal on great products.

sm
Old 12-30-2017, 09:38 PM

Well, saw this thread and it made me order my 1st one. Went with the TAD40-1R. Replacing one of my Red Bears I lost.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by navion View Post
Well, saw this thread and it made me order my 1st one. Went with the TAD40-1R. Replacing one of my Red Bears I lost.
So glad it worked out for you, Navion. A terrific company with wonderful products.

Play on......

sm
Old 01-01-2018, 04:14 PM

sounds to me like a 1% discount
Old 01-01-2018, 07:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmcook View Post
sounds to me like a 1% discount
You would be wise not to take shots at that company and reveal how little you know. The material they use costs $1100 for a square 10" x 10" x .25". Do the math.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace