The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the link guitaniac. I applicate it. I think I will get either T5 or a Crowdster.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 PM

I posted before, but in case it got lost...I'd at least look into a Turner Renaissance "the deuce"...I've heard from several people that have had just the standard RS6 (minus humbucker) that have owned both the Turner and the T5 and everyone has like the Turner more. I checked and you can order a lefty.

Price wise, they'll fall in between a t5 and Crowdster Plus.
...just food for thought.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:26 PM

Thanks Sbruce. I appricate your suggestion on the Turner Renaissance "the deuce". My heart says Taylor T5, but my head says Crowdster plus.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:32 PM

I hear ya. I played 1/2 dozen or so T5's and really wanted it to be "it"; they play awesome and look great...I just wasn't sold on the acoustic tone (although that Turner pickup with the Mama Bear clips on here sound awesome!!)
I really wanted the Crowdster Plus as well; but it was just too much $$ for me. The RS6 w/ humbucker is basically the same concept minus the bling

Best of luck! Play the snot out of whatever you end up with...
Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 PM

If you're looking for a less expensive hybrid to modify, there are others out there that would be easier to swap electronics as compared to the T5. I use a Carvin AE185 (that I upgraded all the electronics) and I'm very happy with the results. You could find a used one for under $1000 for sure. Left handed ones are always harder to find though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars