The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-20-2016, 02:36 AM

Default New SoloAmp Available For Evaluation In 3 Locations

Hi everybody! It's been a crazy few weeks ramping up to our big market launch of the new 2016 SoloAmp personal sound column. But, we've made it to Anaheim, and will be setting up tomorrow at the NAMM Show, with SoloAmp and SoloAmp sub units in booth 2193 (for anyone attending).

But the big news is that, Thursday morning as the NAMM Show is getting started in Anaheim, there will also be three sets of SoloAmp units and Sub units set up and ready for evaluation at the following three guitar shops:

Corner Music
c/o J.D. Williamson, Mgr.
2705 12th Ave S.
Nashville, TN 37204
Phone (615) 297-9559
http://www.cornermusic.com

McCabe's Guitar Shop
c/o Louis Galper, Mgr.
3101 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Phone (310) 828-4497
http://www.mccabes.com

Main Drag Music
c/o Karl Myers, Founder
330 Wythe Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Phone (718) 388-6365
http://www.maindragmusic.com

So, if you are in the NYC, LA, or Nashville areas, starting Thursday morning, you can drop by one of these three locations and experience this incredible new product for yourself. Here's a couple of pics of the unit at Corner Music in Nashville:

The products will arrive Wednesday at McCabe's and Main Drag Music, and will be ready for Thursday morning.

Also, there is a TON of new material on the SoloAmp web site, for anyone curious about the product. ... lots of performance videos, explainer videos I've posted about the product and its new technology.

The coolest thing from the past couple of weeks is the day we got one of the big rooms (80' x 60') at the Sound Check facility in Nashville, and had a number of talented Nashville musicians come by to A-B-C the SoloAmp against the Bose L1 Compact and the Fishman SA220. It was a very eye-openi... er, ear-opening experience for all of us, as the SoloAmp's performance was really just astonishing, especially the farther you got away from the stage.

In any case, the crew here on AGF gave me much appreciated encouragement back in my darker days (when I was massively underfunded and trying to get a much lesser, earlier version of this technology to market as the BagAmp in 2009). And, there's no doubt that acoustic guitar is one of the areas where the clarity of the SoloAmp particularly shines.

If any of you do go by and test drive one of the three demo units, I'd appreciate you hopping into the thread here and sharing your experiences?

Again, THANK YOU to the AGF community for your support and encouragement in my many years long struggle to see this technology actually get to market in its most refined form, and with the right name.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
amp, line array, namm, soloamp