The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM

Got the package just now! I'll play with it tonight when I reach home and share my thoughts/impression about it later on.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 AM

What do they retail for?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison162 View Post
What do they retail for?
In Japan, it retails for 19,800 Yen so roughly 200 USD if you do the conversion.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienbreed View Post
Got the package just now! I'll play with it tonight when I reach home and share my thoughts/impression about it later on.

Omedeto !!

or Congrats in Japanese
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 AM

Thanks to you Repair Dude, you've convinced me to buy one.

I'll compare it with my current setup and hoping that I wont regret the purchase =)

We do mini concerts at our church from time to time and we'll be having one this february, let's see if this thing will deliver.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 AM

Any one able to speculate how well the guitar models would work with (I assume you would choose the flat pickup setting) a K&K PM? Jon
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1591 View Post

BTW, I'm a Takamine fan. Played the frets off an old EF340 and thought it wasn't worth a $400 refret job, so I sold it. Have tried to buy it back, but the guy won't part with it. Don't blame him. My mistake. Have owned a number of instruments since, but I find myself still looking for the sound of my EF340 ... particularly the plugged in sound.

Thanks again,
RB
I have a 1985 Takamine EF349s mahogany that I bought about a year ago. The people I bought it from had kept it cased up in a closet for 25 plus years. The frets had no wear, one small ding in the wood and the electronics had some oxidation but some cleaning fixed it. After adjusting the string height to where I like it she became a player and I would not part with this guitar. I don't think I could find one close to it without spending a lot of money. Everyone that's played it has a difficult time putting it down. I've played other peoples Martin, Taylor, Guild and a few other brands but none were better to such a degree that it made my Takamine feel inferior.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 AM

So I had a chance to use it last night and here's my first impression about this pedal.

Build quality looks and feel solid from the chassis to the knobs. I believe this thing can withstand a large amount of abuse.

Sound quality is really really good and it's dead silent! My 210ce sounded really nice! I love my aura spectrum but this thing just cuts better in a full band setting from my experience. With the Fishman often I'm getting lost with the mix. I didn't use any modeling so far and just use HD Reverb to give it some air.

If you're an experimental type of a player who uses multiple fx and cycles through each of them a lot this might not suit you but if you're a set and forget type of a person then I suggest you check this thing out.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 AM

Quote:
So I had a chance to use it last night and here's my first impression about this pedal.

Build quality looks and feel solid from the chassis to the knobs. I believe this thing can withstand a large amount of abuse.

Sound quality is really really good and it's dead silent! My 210ce sounded really nice! I love my aura spectrum but this thing just cuts better in a full band setting from my experience. With the Fishman often I'm getting lost with the mix. I didn't use any modeling so far and just use HD Reverb to give it some air.

If you're an experimental type of a player who uses multiple fx and cycles through each of them a lot this might not suit you but if you're a set and forget type of a person then I suggest you check this thing out.
feedstream has the package;
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:

This is what I've been wondering about since I first saw the pictures and after pulling down the manual. I just happen to be one of those play around with effects and sounds. So I'm considering a Zoom G3x for the effects, but then to get the A3 as a front end for the modeling/tones for my acoustic guitars. Just to clarify, I don't expect to make my guitar sound like another, but rather to shape the tone/image to something that is usable and sounds good.

Joe
Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8TrackJoe View Post
This is what I've been wondering about since I first saw the pictures and after pulling down the manual. I just happen to be one of those play around with effects and sounds. So I'm considering a Zoom G3x for the effects, but then to get the A3 as a front end for the modeling/tones for my acoustic guitars. Just to clarify, I don't expect to make my guitar sound like another, but rather to shape the tone/image to something that is usable and sounds good.

Joe
I hear you Joe. It could have been perfect if it has the form factor of a g3 but as they say it, you can't have it all!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 PM

Just found out today that using the tap tempo while playing sort of cuts out the delay awkwardly and it's very annoying! I hope that this will be fixed when they release a firmware update.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Just found out today that using the tap tempo while playing sort of cuts out the delay awkwardly and it's very annoying! I hope that this will be fixed when they release a firmware update.
I will have to try that , I never actually use Tap tempo , I usually just make a preset with the tempo I want when I had my other processors , I was going to do the same with this or the new CDR70 pedal they just announced at NAMM 2013 , all that pedal does is Chorus ,Delay , Reverb , hence the Model CDR

But Stereo input Stereo output . I thin it would be a Good match for the A3

then I only need the Compressors and EQ in the A3
Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Dude View Post
I was going to do the same with this or the new CDR70 pedal they just announced at NAMM 2013 , all that pedal does is Chorus ,Delay , Reverb , hence the Model CDR
Have you found any info on the CDR70 on the web? I couldn't find anything.
2009 Hoffman SJ
2011 Hoffman SJ 12

https://paulashley.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulAshley
https://www.reverbnation.com/paulashley
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 AM

Don't see anything on the Zoom US or Japan sites yet, but here is a link to the Sweetwater page from Namm with the 70CDR....

http://www.sweetwater.com/publicatio...y&sid=48&day=4

Joe

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
zoom a3 pedal