The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-01-2018, 07:15 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default Guitars in stock - March 2018

Sponsors (luthiers/builders/manufacturers), what guitars do you currently have in stock for sale or available from a dealer?

(Note: Sponsors only, please. I'll unstick this thread every month and start a new one to keep things fresh.)

JR
Old 03-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Default NEW VIDEO!

Hey folks, this is The Golden Era Guitar's latest offering - a Datlen Luthiery Single 0 in Engelmann Spruce and Ziricote b/s. John might be relatively new to the scene but his guitars sure sound like he's been building for much much longer. This particular instrument is no exception and I am extremely impressed by it.

The guitar is very loud, responsive and balanced. I think what stands out most is how large the guitar sounds (I would put it somewhere between a 00 and an OM) as well as how deep and present the bass is. It is very sweet sounding with strong mids and trebles. This Datlen is quite the perfect couch guitar with the comfort of a small guitar, without sacrificing on the tone of a larger instrument.

Sounds great played fingerstyle, but I would have to say that it is a perfect companion to a singer-songwriter when strummed and picked as an accompaniment to vocals. I believe it is the sweetness of the voice that lends itself so beautifully to such a style. That being said, I do not want to pretend that I am a great singer and therefore have recorded a fingerstyle sample in the video below.

So first things first, photos (courtesy of Josh Isaacs Photography):

If you want to skip straight to hearing how the guitar sounds, fast forward to 2:37

Specs:
Model: 0-12
Top: Englemann Spruce
Back/Sides: Ziricote
Upper bout width: 10"
Lower bout width: 13.625"
Lower bout depth: 4.125"
Scale length: 25.4"
Body length: 19.5"
Nut width: 1.75"
String spacing at saddle: 2.25"
Rosette: Bubinga
Fretboard: Macassar Ebony
Binding: Bubinga
Purfling: Curly Maple
Bridge: Macassar Ebony
"Manzer" body wedge: 0.375"
Finish: Nitro Lacquer
Tuners: Gotoh 510

List Price: $5,000

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Default Pellerin GA x2

Michel Pellerin of Pellerin Guitars in Quebec dropped by The Golden Era Guitar last week to deliver not one, but TWO gorgeous guitars!

Michel has been building guitars for the past 21 years and will be building his 200th guitar this year! He is well known for his Harp Guitars as played by virtuoso Claude LaFlamme. Michel derives greatest inspiration from Mario Beauregard of Beauregard Guitars and he is also highly regarded among his peers, such as Linda Manzer:

"Michel is one of the most exciting new innovative builders in the scene. I love what he does and always keep an eye on what he comes up with"

What struck me first was the high quality of finish and workmanship displayed on his instruments - some of the finest I have ever seen. His sound is robust, extremely loud and responsive with clarity and brilliance. The bass is reminiscent of a Somogyi - deep and resonant. Do look out for demo videos on my YouTube channel in the weeks to come, but meanwhile, here is a pretty good representation of how his guitars sound:

Here are the 2 Pellerins we have for sale, both Grand Auditoriums but in tonewoods that couldn't be more different - Cedar/Rosewood vs. Spruce/Maple. Despite being polar opposites, the guitars sound surprisingly similar, displaying the consistency he achieves with his sound.

-------

First up, we have a fully spec'd out guitar in gorgeous Bear Claw Sitka Spruce/Bird's Eye Maple, Fanned Fret, Florentine Cutaway and a Rosewood bound Ryan style Arm Bevel. The Rosette, Backstrip and Headstock are all tastefully designed with a minimalistic approach. The sound is bright, punchy and clear with ample overtones and warmth despite the Maple. A great all rounder which lends itself very well to strumming. If you are after a looker and player, this is it!

PELLERIN GA Bearclaw Sitka/Bird's Eye Maple:

Model: GA w/ Cutaway w/ Fanned Fret w/ Bevel
Top: Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
Back/Sides: Bird's Eye Maple
Upper bout width: 11.81”
Lower bout width: 16.00”
Lower bout depth: 4.60”
Scale length: 25.0” - 26.0”
Body length: 20.00”
Nut width: 1.80”
Saddle width: 2.185”
Rosette: Maple, EIR and Paua
Fretboard: Ebony
Binding: Rosewood
Purfling: B/W
Bridge (Pinless): African Blackwood
Case: Hiscox

List Price: USD$11,000

Check out this link to see what we currently have in stock, and what guitars we have on the way:
https://www.thegoldeneraguitar.com/guitars

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 03-10-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Next up, we have this unique PELLERIN GA "Black" Cedar/East Indian Rosewood with a Scoop Cutaway. Out of the 2, this is my personal favourite. I am not usually partial to Cedar due to its excessive warmth/overtones and lack of headroom. However, this guitar is sufficiently bright with an enormous Spruce-like headroom. It does not exude an excessive amount of overtones and warmth as one might expect from Cedar, but just enough to envelope the player in a clear and tasteful manner. It is ideal for fingerstyle, and even strumming if you are after a warm chorus of chords. Quite the perfect Cedar guitar in my books.

The top is a deep jet black and which is beautifully juxtaposed by the Maple purfling. Contrary to popular belief, the black does not smudge very noticeably, which can be easily wiped off. An absolutely beautiful guitar, inside and out.

PELLERIN GA "Black" Cedar/East Indian Rosewood:

Model: GA w/ Scoop Cutaway
Top: "Black" Cedar
Back/Sides: East Indian Rosewood
Upper bout width: 11.81”
Lower bout width: 16.00”
Lower bout depth: 4.60”
Scale length: 25.5”
Body length: 20.00”
Nut width: 1.80”
Saddle width: 2.185”
Rosette: EIR and Paua
Fretboard: Ebony
Binding: Ebony
Purfling: Maple
Bridge: African Blackwood
Case: Hiscox

USD$9,500

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 03-10-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Very cool guitar, Marcus!

The back wedge, the black top, and the scoop cutaway--everything looks awesome!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 03-10-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Very cool guitar, Marcus!

The back wedge, the black top, and the scoop cutaway--everything looks awesome!
Thanks Nemoman, I think so too! Very often, photos can be misleading, concealing shoddy workmanship and finish. But there is really nothing to hide when it comes to Michel's guitars. His guitars look really good in person, and the sound is impressive too.

If you are headed to Woodstock this year, be sure to check him out. I think he might have his special #200 ready by then

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-18-2018, 11:04 PM

Default Guitars in stock - March 2018

Hey folks, this one is available at:

http://symphontreemusic.com/project/eike-dion-bews/

A wonderfully even sounding guitar with tons of volume. Check out the sound analysis and recordings at the above link. I’m proud to say that this guitar received one of the highest scores possible on the Symphontree tone analysis. Take a look at the website, give the recordings a listen and enjoy the photos, I’m certain you’ll love this guitar.

Top: German Spruce
Back and sides: Wenge
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard and bridge: Ebony

25.4” scale
1.75” nut
2.25” string spread

U.V polyester finish

All the usual Dion structural peculiarities. More on these at:

https://dionguitars.ca/features/

Priced to be yours at roughly $5200 usd ($6800 cnd)

Note: image below is of the same model but made from Cocobolo and Englemann. [emoji51] I don’t have any good shots of the Wenge guitar.

Last edited by Dion James; 03-19-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:40 PM

Default Pono Guitar Sale March 2018

here are a few Pono Guitar specials

C-10DC LH. OOO size, steel string. LEFT HAND.
Cutaway. 24 3/4" scale, 14 fret neck. 1 3/4" nut spacing.
Solid Acacia back and sides. Solid Cedar top. Top and Back Tamarind wood binding, herringbone rosette. Solid headstock. Grover vintage style open gear tuners.
Retail $1699. Sale Price $699

D12-20 Dreadnaught 12 String. 15 5/8 wide body. Slotted Headstock. 12 fret neck. Mahogany/Spruce
Satin Finish: Retail $1799, Sale Price $899
Gloss Finish: Retail $1899, Sale Price $949
Gloss Sunburst Finish: Retail $2199, Sale Price $999

L12-30 Parlor size 12 String. 12 1/4" wide body. Solid Rosewood back and sides, Spruce top.
Retail $1699, Sale Price $799

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop