The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 08-31-2014, 04:42 PM

Default 2014 Journey Overhead Sitka/Rosewood travel guitar *SOLD*

SOLD: Beautiful and amazingly practical Journey Instruments OF-420 travel guitar. Features a nice solid sitka spruce top and laminate rosewood sides and back. Includes the incredible Journey travel bag that fits both the guitar and added room for tuners, strap, capo, music, etc. into a convenient 22x14x9" FAA-approved carry-on bag that fits every overhead bin, every time, even on puddle jumpers . Purchased in April 2014. I love this guitar, but have reluctantly concluded I need a larger one for more effective practice. If you are comfortable with a parlor size guitar, this is your ideal travel solution.

The Journey has a surprisingly loud sound for its smaller body size. Very responsive to fingerstyle, but can dig in well and strum loud enough to get folks from the other side of your hotel to hear you. Acoustics appear to be aided by the "Manzer wedge" design of the guitar's soundbox. The included pickup is fantastic - sounds great through my Fishman Loudbox amp. You can get an idea of the sound and volume in this video of an identical model guitar recently sold on AGF (used with permission): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVHgcgKSbuA

No description of this guitar is complete without raving about the travel bag. A great description is in this thread: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=307601. All I can add is, it has been a pleasure to travel with 100% confidence that any plane I board will accommodate this guitar - no gate check risk, no begging for coat close space - ever. I will truly miss this.

Journey spec's include: 1 3/4" nut, 24.5" scale length, lower bout width 12 1/2", depth is 4.6" to 3.5" (is a "Manzer wedge" shape, narrower at bass end, wider below), 18" body length, string spacing at bridge 2 1/4". Nut and saddle are compensated bone. Tuners are GroverŪ 18:1 precision mini chrome. Ebony bridge pins, rosewood fretboard and rosewood rosette circle. Neck is a comfortable C-shape solid sapele/mahogany with carbon fiber reinforcement. Has MOP dots fretboard inlay pattern, neck pin, and end pin. The pickup is an under-saddle passive transducer system. No pickguard or cutaway. More details at: http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...travel-guitar/

Condition is outstanding - no dings/chips/cracks (looks just like it came from Ted at LA Guitar Sales!). I had my luthier do a full setup in May 2014, lowering the action and generally getting it perfect for play. Small shims were installed to get the action set low (you can remove them if you prefer higher action). Guitar is freshly strung with Thomastik Plectrum AC112's - my favorite on this guitar, though EJ16's and John Pearse sound good as well.

First person that PM's "I want it!" gets this awesome travel guitar for $SOLD, includes fully insured, cleanly and fanatically packed (ask my references) US ground shipping with signature verification. Price is for payment by check; if you prefer paypal I'll split the fees. No trades please.

Can email more photos, and happy to take new ones if you want specific looks or info. I've bought/traded/sold a dozen guitars on AGF, and will gladly provide references. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Carmel Cedar; 09-01-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: sold
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Sold. Congrats to the buyer, and thanks again to AGF!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
journey, travel guitar