The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Default I have my first order! Kitchen Guitars is rolling!

I did the right thing and sponsored. Or I couldn't share my first build for a client with you folks!
The story; I am not done with #2 (See the DIY area) and a local fellow came by to jam. He was saying he wanted loud but not Martin Boomy loud. I handed him build #1 "the Fish"
He played loud and hard. Sang his heart out and really jived with my first build.
He wanted the "Fish". I told him it would take an all expense trip for my family to Disney to get my wife to forgive the sale of #1. A touch steep of a price. He wants it duplicated. But, with a cutout.
If you didn't read build #1 (also in DIY), do. Its fun.
He wants the guitar backwards as the first was built, feather light with my weirdo tall braces (that I fortunately blueprinted!), sound hole 1/4" inch higher than Martin, but the spot on a Yamaha . And a bunch of other similar stuff.
So, build #3 has been ordered so I guess the Post goes in Custom not DIY! Build #5 is to be auctioned for a charity, Build #7 has been reserved, I have a request to contact a distant friend when my stash of Walnut gets cut down to backs and sides and their moister content jives. So I can build a Pennsylvania Wood Parlor guitar. So, I guess I have a busy part time job!
I have to thank many of you here at AGF, especially Tim and Mary McKnight for all of the encouragement and support.
Let me know who wants #4 & #6! Prepin' for a Long Strange Trip...........
John Kitchen, Kitchen Guitars, Yamaha Junkie, iSimon PHOTOGRAPHY.....I am so confused lol.
Wish me luck!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Very cool stuff! I'll trade you a website for a guitar...maybe #9 since odds are apparently trendy

Burner MS #0013
Taylor 414rce
Taylor 716ce-ltd
Cordoba 75r
Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeastman View Post
Very cool stuff! I'll trade you a website for a guitar...maybe #9 since odds are apparently trendy
Thanks, my wife and teenager put together my iSimonPHOTOGRAPHY.com site. So, I think I have that one covered I am looking to get my hands on a Cub Cadet 2500 Lawn tractor
Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM

Man first paid build and you've already got a staff - what an operation!

Unfortunately, I don't have a Cub Cadet to trade as the salesman reminded me it might be a little overkill for the concrete 'yard' of my downtown-Istanbul apartment. Hm, oh well.

Look forward to watching the progress!

Burner MS #0013
Taylor 414rce
Taylor 716ce-ltd
Cordoba 75r
Old 09-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Congratulations!

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz
Old 09-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Congratulations, John! Things are happening so quick for you. What did you quote him for a delivery date?

BTW, what are #'s 4 and 6? L-00s or dreadnoughts?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Congratulations John!!!
Build on!!!
www.cornerstoneguitar.com

Ukuleles...
www.cornerstoneukes.com
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Congratulations John. Now you can plan a trip to DC to show your own at a DC gathering. I'll host!

jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
Congratulations, John! Things are happening so quick for you. What did you quote him for a delivery date?

BTW, what are #'s 4 and 6? L-00s or dreadnoughts?
I told him 6 months. But I am kinda excited about this. So, likely quicker.
#4 & #6 are planned to be 00's. Who knows? Last week I had no plans on working on a Dred.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyjeff View Post
Congratulations John. Now you can plan a trip to DC to show your own at a DC gathering. I'll host!

jeff
If/when I get 4 or so in Que you are on!
Mean while I would just love to hit one of the DC Gatherings! Someday.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM

Congratulations, John, and thanks for becoming a supporting Sponsor! We'll figure out how best to get your new ID configured so that people will recognize your new status and that you are a long time, active member here.

There are a number of other non-Sponsor builders here that might like to follow your example!

cotten
Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Junkie View Post
I did the right thing and sponsored. Or I couldn't share my first build for a client with you folks!
The story; I am not done with #2 (See the DIY area) and a local fellow came by to jam. He was saying he wanted loud but not Martin Boomy loud. I handed him build #1 "the Fish"
He played loud and hard. Sang his heart out and really jived with my first build.
He wanted the "Fish". I told him it would take an all expense trip for my family to Disney to get my wife to forgive the sale of #1. A touch steep of a price. He wants it duplicated. But, with a cutout.
If you didn't read build #1 (also in DIY), do. Its fun.
He wants the guitar backwards as the first was built, feather light with my weirdo tall braces (that I fortunately blueprinted!), sound hole 1/4" inch higher than Martin, but the spot on a Yamaha . And a bunch of other similar stuff.
So, build #3 has been ordered so I guess the Post goes in Custom not DIY! Build #5 is to be auctioned for a charity, Build #7 has been reserved, I have a request to contact a distant friend when my stash of Walnut gets cut down to backs and sides and their moister content jives. So I can build a Pennsylvania Wood Parlor guitar. So, I guess I have a busy part time job!
I have to thank many of you here at AGF, especially Tim and Mary McKnight for all of the encouragement and support.
Let me know who wants #4 & #6! Prepin' for a Long Strange Trip...........
John Kitchen, Kitchen Guitars, Yamaha Junkie, iSimon PHOTOGRAPHY.....I am so confused lol.
Wish me luck!
CONGRATS! Pray the best for you! I also got 3 requests and an offer from one person to teach me how to play bass if they could just watch me build one, lol! Unfortunately, my current circumstances doesn't really allow me to pursue these, haha!
Ibanez ATK700-BM

ZT Acoustic Amplifier

Psalms 108:1-3
Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Good for you YJ.
I admire the skill and attention to detail you contribute to each element.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop