The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-17-2017, 08:48 PM

Default American Elite?

Have any of you played the new (2017) Fender American Elite Stratocaster, and if so, what were your impressions?

Thinking of picking one up- seems to come stock with all of the goodies on it (locking tuners, gen 4 noiseless pickups, etc).
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 PM

Coming from a guy who only seems to like the Custom Shop guitars - I ended up buying an Elite Tele that I feel in love with. I love the neck with it's subtle thickness and radius changes, the easy to change truss rod, the pick ups sound really good.

I tried the Strat as well and liked it but not as much as the Tele which I purchased.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:44 AM

The only Fender Telecaster/Stratocaster I have played which wasn't a joy to play was a relic MIA Telecaster hanging on the wall of my local music shop which looked fantastic but I soon discovered had this huge (by any standards) baseball size neck which felt very foreign to me.

In my experience, you can find just about anything you want and of value in the Fender range (MIM and MIA) and if for whatever reason you can't, then you simply customise.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars