The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that most rechargeable batteries have a lower voltage to start. An alkaline AA is 1.5V but a NiCd (and other types) are 1.2V. By comparison it is down 20% in voltage when freshly charged. This might be a better application for a non-rechargeable battery. Or be aware that you need to charge it up more often, whether the "low battery" indication appears or not.
It wasn't a rechargeable. A sony carbon I think. Might have been the original that came with the guitar.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:06 AM

Ironically, when the battery runs too low, it is then too low to illuminate the "low battery" warning light .

Glad you found the simple fix !

I've got a 2013 X7 with the BBand trap door pre amp, I would probably not have chosen this option if I was buying new, but as David says , they are actually tiny, with nice simple notched controls that you can see while playing.
Mine seems to work fine through my Loudbox Artist, the controls all DO something, sounds just like a great big guitar !

I put non rechargeable LITHIUM batteries in just about evrything that needs a battery , they seem practically immortal.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:43 AM

About the first thing I do when I have problems with anything is to either replace the battery or see if it is plugged in. (Yes I have called in the expert more than once to watch them plug in the device I am working on) I'm glad it was a simple fix and not more complicated as I was imagining.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Ironically, when the battery runs too low, it is then too low to illuminate the "low battery" warning light .

Glad you found the simple fix !

I've got a 2013 X7 with the BBand trap door pre amp, I would probably not have chosen this option if I was buying new, but as David says , they are actually tiny, with nice simple notched controls that you can see while playing.
Mine seems to work fine through my Loudbox Artist, the controls all DO something, sounds just like a great big guitar !

I put non rechargeable LITHIUM batteries in just about evrything that needs a battery , they seem practically immortal.
Yeah, but the pickup and preamp worked fine with the old battery. Not going to worry about it.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
It wasn't a rechargeable. A sony carbon I think. Might have been the original that came with the guitar.
Understood David, but another poster mentioned rechargeable batteries, and most people are not aware of the voltage difference, and therefore starting with two strikes against them. I once heard a store tech say at a Taylor Road Show, "Now that we all buy half-dead batteries in bulk at big box stores, we see a lot more issues with pickups coming in the shop that turn out to be battery related.".

My first diagnostic step is always to remove the battery and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, then try again. If that doesn't help then I try a fresh battery.

Last edited by Earl49; 04-24-2017 at 01:52 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber