The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-11-2002, 04:00 PM

Default Peavey E-coustic Opinions.... please

Well I might have swerved into an amp purchase. I was holding out for a Crate (the good one with 2-8") or a California Blonde. I doubt if I'd ever pull the trigger on a Rivera Sedona.

I played an E-coustic today and was very impressed. Nice and punchy. I couldn't make it feedback.

Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about these?

They shot me a price that was about 20% off retail.

got GAS?
Old 01-11-2002, 04:37 PM
I know that one

Wanker -

There's a shop here that really pushes the Peavey line and I have played the E-coustic on a number of occassions. I too was impressed with the sound. I purchased a Fender Acoustasonic about a year ago and have been happy with it - however if I was still in the market, this Peavey amp would be on my list for sure. A friend runs the guitar department in the store I mentioned and he is very high on it. I know that he's not feeding me the sales line just because they stock the product but that he really believes in their product line. He's a professional musician and makes a good portion of his income from playing and he uses Peavey almost exclusively.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:56 AM

Default Thanks.

I like their "Classic Series" and their "5150 II" amps. I like what I heard from the E-coustic. I tried the Fenders but had big problems with feedback. Also I didnt like the tone of the Fenders.

got GAS?
Old 01-14-2002, 04:18 PM
O'Dadgad rules.

the peavey ecoustic 112 was the first acoustic amplifier i owned. i bought it out of necessity and not for luxury, as i was playing an ibanez pf10cedx with an lr baggs dual source system. that ran into a digitech rp6. needless to say i wasn't even close to an acoustic sound. i tried as much as i could, but the amplifier couldn't reproduce my ibanez's sound. i found then after purchasing my taylor 310ce and playing it beside a roland ac-100 i found the ecoustic 112 to be very brittle and not even close as to how well the roland reproduced my taylor's sound. honestly for the price i paid for my ecoustic i feel that i'll never purchase one ever again. it does have some features that were nice, like phantom powered XLR inputs, phase reversal, and 5 band EQ, but i'll never own one again. since that amp i have owned a roland ac-100, a fishman acoustic performer pro, and built my own rig with a rane ap13, lexicon mpx100, alesis ra300, and eminece 10" woofer and horn combo with 3k5 x-over. when it comes down to it, i'd wait and go for a blonde or a used ac-100. watt for watt the roland was the best sounding amplifier i've ever played through.

ira duncan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification