The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-19-2001, 02:03 AM

Post Blissful about my new 710

I've had my new (2000 model) 710 for a little over 24 hours, & man am I in heaven! The satin finish neck combined w/ ebony fretboard (not to mention Elixers!) makes this the smoothest guitar I've ever played, except possibly my brother's Lowden, & I really can't know for sure, last time I touched his guitar was 8 yrs. ago. After an hour of playing I already felt like a better guitar player. And the sound is something else - I keep wanting to play fingerstyle, because it's just so warm & cozy sounding, but it also has a nice punch w/ a flatpick. I'm still discovering all the different tones this guitar makes, my wife says it "rings". I want to thank all of you on this forum - you didn't know it, but you were giving me lots of advice before I bought, as I read your comments. It was especially helpful in making the decision to get a guitar w/o a hole cut in the side, & go w/ the L.R. Baggs instead. My friend who plays w/ me at church went up there w/ me today & we plugged it straight into the Mackie mix & it sounded awesome - can't wait to play it in church Sunday. And my Mom will be here (visiting form Ohio) to hear me playing it! I can just hear her now, "Oh, son, did you really have to spend THAT MUCH money?"...Yes, Mom! I'm in such a good mood I'm sharing some of my interesting chord voicings I've learned/taught myself over the years - see my posting entitled, "Cool Chords" under the Playing Techniques section.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:52 AM

Cool

Welcome to the world of Taylor guitars! JW
Old 12-19-2001, 09:54 AM

Its a nice feeling; the aquainting stage with a new guitar is special when it has that 'it' just like you're looking for....enjoy

Derek

14fret 0
12fret 000
Old 12-19-2001, 10:36 AM

I have 4 - 710's, a 1999 model cedar top, a 2001 engelman top , a 25th Ann cedar top & brazilian rosewood, and a 2001 cocobolo . I believe that the 710 line is the most under rated models of all Taylors. Not quite as ornamental, but sound just as good, or almost as good or better than the 810's and 910's. (please no comments from the 800 & 900 owners) Congrats! I love playing my Taylors at our Praise & Worship services. I want the sound to be the best it can be and that is accomplished with a Taylor. dink
________
Mutual care foothill ranch

Last edited by dink; 04-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:48 AM

710s are great guitars. Probably my choice if anything happened to my 510ce. (If I couldn't have that "cindy" 910, that is!!) I have liked every one I have played. I wanted to buy one (more than once). You are loving it! Congratulations.
Old 12-25-2001, 08:10 AM

I just got my 2001 710ce with Engleman top a couple of weeks ago, so I know how you feel. This is my first Taylor guitar and I looked around for a bit before I got it as an early Christmas present for myself. I'm just now getting back into playing after a 15 year hiatus but I'm enjoying getting reacquainted with the guitar. The 710ce "sings" when finger picked and "booms" when strummed. I hope we all enjoy our gutars for many years to come. Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-25-2001, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Lordwebb...

Welcome back to playing and to the forum

I had a many-year hiatus myself and have been playing again now for the past 3 years or so. I hope I never lay it down again, not likely with the Taylors
Lisa
Old 12-25-2001, 10:07 PM
.tom the übergeek

Well Bill,

How did church service go with the new 710? Was Mom impressed?
Old 12-26-2001, 12:42 PM

Thanks, yes, she liked it (she's pretty open to modern music), more importantly our music director who was sitting out in the congregation liked it. I'm going to have to get used to playing standing up, I've been playing years sitting but standing is going to be much bettre for my singing. Been following the St. Louis area Taylor jam thread, we're going to have to just bite the bullet & set a date. You gonna check w/ your friends at Mojo's & the bagel place? Keep me informed...
Old 01-06-2002, 09:24 PM

Thumbs up New 710ce

I'm also a giddy new Taylor owner and this is my first post. Three weeks ago, my wife surprised me with a 2001 710 CE for my birthday. This is my first Taylor. My sister in law has a 310 that I've coveted for over a year and my boss has a 410 that sounds great. I'd never even played a 710ce, but was raving to my wife about how great it felt to play a 610ce that I tested at store while shopping for the classical guitar I bought my father for Christmas. (In retrospect, it must have been a 510ce) She called around for a 610ce, but none of the dealers in the area had one in stock so she went up the line to a 710ce. What an incredible gift and guitar ! I'm so glad I found this neat forum.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:22 PM

Thumbs up

Jazzer,

Congrats on your new 710!!! Enjoy...

Doug
Old 01-08-2002, 06:26 AM

Bob-o -

Great guitar (and great wife)! Congrats on the new 710ce and welcome to the forum.

Bill
Old 01-11-2002, 02:45 PM

I also just got a 2001 710ce

WOW!

Playing praise and worship on this thing sounds Great!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification