The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 AM

Default Hybrid blending options?

I've got a brand new Turner Renaissance RS6 "the deuce" (piezo & mag pickup) on order! I'm thinking through how best to run things and would like some advice. As I understand i'm getting the 1st "deuce" I know no one would have "real-world" experience with this particular set-up; but if you've used a Crowdster Plus, or similar hybrid, I would love to hear your thoughts...

My RS6 is going to have 2 mono 1/4" outs (as opposed to a stereo TRS like the Crowdster +). I would like to run the mag to my line6 PODxt (with floorboard) and the piezo to a DI or perhaps just straight to the PA. But i would like to be able to select (with my feet) just the piezo, just the mag or a blend of the two. Would a volume/pan pedal like an Ernie Ball 6165 do the trick?

Is there a better way to accomplish this? I'm open to any ideas...Thanks!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM
O'Dadgad rules.

6165 or an A/B/both box. ABs can be run backwards...two in, one out. only if you need to do volume swells would I add a a stereo volume pedal like the EB.
The Family
The Les Paul I built

My live rig:
Mogami Gold TRS
Rane AP13
Ultrasound AG-50DS2, Fishman Loudbox
Boss RC-50
PP2+
Old 02-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Am i correct that if I used an a/b/y box though i couldn't "blend" the two (only full on/off) and then couldn't send 2 seperate signals out (peizo to PA, mag to amp)?

thanks!

Steven

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification