The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird_Williams View Post
Therefore, and I repeat, the SAFEST and QUIETEST way to connect your G-Natural to a mixer is to use TRS-TRS cables into the TRS inputs on the mixer. This gives you all the noise-cancellation benefits of a mic cable, and no danger of frying the G-Natural with phantom power because there is no connection to the XLR jack that provides it.
+1

Balanced cabling is balanced cabling, regardless of the connectors used (i.e., XLR/M, XLR/F or TRS or any combination thereof). Line level is line level regardless of whether interconnects between line level devices are balanced or unbalanced. Balanced line level outputs to balanced line level inputs are the same in studio or live situations.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Default Estupid question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
+1

Balanced cabling is balanced cabling, regardless of the connectors used (i.e., XLR/M, XLR/F or TRS or any combination thereof). Line level is line level regardless of whether interconnects between line level devices are balanced or unbalanced. Balanced line level outputs to balanced line level inputs are the same in studio or live situations.
When y'all refer to these "TRS" cables, is that the same thing as these stereo guitar cables I picked up to split the signal from two p'ups on my guitar?

In other words, is a "TRS" cable the same thing as a stereo guitar (instrument) cable...or is it something else?

Learning something new every day...and forgetting it by evening ,
td

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification