The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Default Pommelle Sapele Propsom at TAMCO UK

There's been some talk here recently of this tree and that tree. Is there anyone else who can't resist pommelle sapele? This is the one that does it for me, especially when on such a fantastic guitar.

Some have suggested in the past that all the pommelle sapele of this quality came form the same tree, I don't know but I do know its my favourite.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 AM

I love Sapele.

Beautiful guitar.

On the TAMCO website it says this

Michael Propsom
"I number among my customers the late John Fahey"

I believe there are few 'celebrity endorsements' worth mentioning, this however is a rare exception...
Old 12-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Great shots, Trevor. Working with this wood (and several other high quilt sapele sets) has really helped shape my opinion of the the oft discussed--and sometimes hyped--"tap tone" of b&s tonewoods. This sapele had the tap of sinker cardboard. No ring, just a thud. Yet, I'm knocked out by the guitar's tone & projection. Just reinforces my belief (held by a lot of others, I know) in the overwhelming role that the topwood plays in a guitar's sound.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop