The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-22-2001, 10:33 AM

Default featherlite case

Saw a new Fetherlight case and this thing is just that. It is denier nylon on the outside with a zipper and lock the inside is red simi-plush and has a strap to hold the neck down and offers protection of a hard case. Some kind of hard foam but very light and strong. it has a pocket on the front, box inside and about the same size as a hard case(maybe a little thicker) but if you throw your axe around or travel alot and dont want to lug that heavy case and dont like the protection of a gigbag this hits some serious middle ground. Its a bit pricey at 169 dollars but seems well worth it for carrying an expensive guitar in comfort. It weighs(just gussing) 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. I got one and put my 510 in it and its so light.(about like carrying a big baby, just bigger) I can carry this around and not worry about the case getting messed up or the guitar in it. Its a nice alternative if you carry a guitar with you everywhere you go. JW
Old 12-22-2001, 11:03 AM

Is the brand name "Featherlight"? I did a search for it on Google and didn't come up with anything.

I have a similar case for one of my basses made by Pro-Tec. They sell a dreadnought case here. I think it has a stiff foam interior plus it has a hard impact resistant shell on the inside.

http://www.ptcases.com/cases/guitars...20standard.htm
Old 12-29-2001, 10:23 AM

Yes thats them! They are built by Pro-Tech, sorry I left that out. I had to go look at the tag. JW
Old 12-30-2001, 08:36 AM

Default Scared to transport

How's this for obsessive...took a separate car to my relatives on Christmas day. One car wouldn't have fit my taylor and the family, so I took a separate car so my taylor could ride in the car rather than the trunk. Afraid it was too cold in there.
Nuts or what?
LK
Old 12-30-2001, 09:39 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Quote:
How's this for obsessive...took a separate car to my relatives on Christmas day. One car wouldn't have fit my taylor and the family, so I took a separate car so my taylor could ride in the car rather than the trunk. Afraid it was too cold in there.
Nuts or what?
LK
Seems like normal behavior to me...
Old 12-30-2001, 09:41 AM

Default obsessve

Spoken like a true Taylorite.
LK
Old 12-30-2001, 09:49 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

I think I've mentioned this before but...
During the winter if I am taking a guitar someplace I will always warm up the car before the guitar leaves the house....but if I'm just going someplace with my wife I don't. She has of course mentioned this disparity. I guess I should work on my attentiveness!
Old 12-30-2001, 02:27 PM

Saw a banjo in one of these once. Looks like it could really take some abuse. I think Musician's Friend is carrying something similar now. Seems I remember that in their last catalog.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Scared to transport

Quote:
Originally posted by Lkristians
Nuts or what?
LK
Whats wrong with that? JW
Old 01-05-2002, 08:22 AM

If we take my mother in law along on a trip I have to leave the guitar home. As soon as she steps foot in the vehicle the temp drops 40 degrees. I couldnt subject my Taylors to it. JW
Old 01-06-2002, 07:09 AM

Default Mother in law

Would she fit in a Taylor case???????hehe
LK
Old 01-09-2002, 03:22 PM

JW

How ya feelin? I hope OK.

You said in your first post that they were around $169. the site says $125 for the dreadnaught. Is there accessories or something I need to add? I have a Taylor gigbag that I use a lot, but am sometimes a little worried about protection. This looks great.

MJH
Old 01-11-2002, 02:13 PM

I don't know if this is the same kind of case oyu are describing JW, but a local dealer here has a very, very light case that at first glance looks like a big, puffy softshell case. It weighs about a pound or two and comes with staps you can fasten to the underside and actually sling it over your shoulders it like a backpack. Has a large zippered pouch on the topside and the square box inside. BUT, it has some sort of firm, hard lining inside the soft exterior that would withstand about anything short of standing on it. I didn't see the brand but it is only $89. (this one even has black Monkey Butt Fur Lining so the guitars will feel right at home)

After seeing a friend sling his 614 around in this case like it weighed nothing enabling him to use both hands to carry another guitar and an amp, I heading up to the dealer in a couple of days to get one.

I have a fine collection of dust mites.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification