The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 05-10-2012, 06:49 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Selection of fresh vintage 00-size, 12- & 14-frets at www.vintageparlorguitars.com

I've received many requests to expand my inventory to include body sizes that are larger than parlor or 0-size. I've just sent 24 fresh listings of vintage flat tops to my webmeister that include many choice examples of 00-bodies with both 12-fret and 14-fret necks. Here's a select group of four that you'll find in the pending inventory update that are especially nice.

Vintage Kay 00-, slothead, 1 3/4" nut, great blues guitar

Here's a nice Kay-made 00-, this one with a 1 3/4" nut width and very playable neck. The top burst pattern is a bit spare, compared to some, but not the tone. This little gal really rings. I like this guitar for both fingerstyle or strumming. It has nice action and she's not so hard on the eyes either.

SPECS: 00-size, 12-fret neck, birch on birch construction, ladder bracing, slotted headstock with original tuners, ebonized fretboard with side markers, ebony bridge, bone nut and saddle, nut width is 1 3/4", scale is 25", string spacing at the saddle is 2 3/8", upper bout is 10 1/2", lower bout is 14 1/2", overall length is 39". Action is 1/8". Setup for 53-12 strings.

$399 shipped CONUS

Regal 00-size, 14-fret with x-braced spruce top, voisinet style bridge and oversized sound hole

I've found some choice examples to include in this inventory update and this one is especially nice. There is a richness to seasoned woods that is hard to replicate in a modern guitar. This 00- short scale has a richness in tone that surprised me. The 14-fret neck gives more room to roam with a setup that favors the flat picker or strummer.

SPECS: 00-size body, 14-fret neck, x-braced spruce top with lots of bear claw marking, birch sides and back, pearwood fretboard, brass frets, paddle headstock with kluson tuners, MOP markers, rosewood bridge with bone saddle, bone nut. Setup for 53-12 strings. 1 3/4" nut width with soft "V" neck profile, 24 1/4" scale, nearly 2 1/2" string spacing at the saddle, 14" lower bout, 10" upper bout, 40" overall length.

$499 shipped CONUS

40's vintage Harmony RICHTER 00-size, 14-fret, complete with "pompadour" style headstock and amazing voice.

I can't decide whether the headstock on this guitar reminds me more of the hairdo on Elvis or Foghorn Leghorn, the cartoon rooster. Regardless, this guitar has a deep voice, wonderful range and is really fun to play. This is another addition to the vintage 00-size guitars that I'm stocking this time around. There's plenty to choose from so don't be shy.

SPECS: L-1 shaped, <00-size body, 14-fret neck, x-braced solid spruce, solid birch, pearwood fretboard, brass frets, mis-matched period tuners, ebony bridge, bone nut and saddle, 1 13/16" nut width with soft "V" neck profile, scale is 24 1/4", string spacing at the saddle is 2 5/16", lower bout is 13 3/4", upper bout is 10 1/8", overall is 42", Action is 3/32", setup for 53-12 strings.

$599 shipped CONUS

Pre-war Regal 00-size, 12-fret in solid spruce/mahogany, robust burst slothead

An early 00- flat top dates from the 1930's and offers solid woods all around. This example by Regal may have been Martin's competition for it's 00-18 model of the period. The tone is smokey, woody and robust as only aged spruce and mahogany can give. It's easy to play and a fine all-around fingerstyle or strumming guitar.

SPECS: 00-size body, 12-fret neck, ebony fretboard, nickel frets, slotted headstock with open geared tuners, ebony bridge with bone saddle, bone nut, simple burst top finish w/ natural side and back finish. 1 13/16" nut width with meaty, but soft, "V" neck profile, 24 1/2" scale, a generous 2 3/8" string spacing at the saddle, lower bout is 14", upper bout is 10", length is 38". Action is 3/32". setup for 53-12 strings.

$950 shipped CONUS

Remember that AGF members play first and pay later. Contact me for more details/pics or a soundclip.

Best, Steve C

Last edited by vintageparlors; 05-10-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

My website inventory was completely updated today. You'll find 30 fresh listings including the sample group of 00-bodies from this post. Have a look and let me know how else I can help.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 PM

Hi Steve:

Those ol' beauties look pretty darn sweet!

Best,
Will
Old 06-12-2012, 11:07 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks, Will

The Regal 14-fret paddle head and the Regal 12-fret slot head have sold but there are plenty others on the website that might tickle your fancy.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Lot's of sweet guitars and prices in your inventory, Steve. Very tempting indeed!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks Mesa
A full 1/3 of the 30 new postings from the 5/30 update have already sold in just 3 weeks! I'll be adding more ASAP.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace