The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZagatoV12 View Post
OK. If others would be interested I'll start one off. I could begin with the back story and the various choices we've made for the guitar. Steve has purchased the tone woods and I'm just waiting for them to arrive and settle at his workshop before he begins the build.

Mike
Great stuff, I'm sure many others will be thrilled to see this project come to fruition.

Cheers,

Ian
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 PM

Well, after my visit to Steve's on Saturday it's all settled, so I guess I could start the build thread now - especially as the ABW back and sides have arrived!

Please look for the thread in the Custom Shop forum - Can't Wait
Steve Fischer 12/15 - German Spruce, Brazilian Rosewood
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM

There has been a further development!

Steve is in the final days of finishing the most fantastic 12/15 model guitar, which I saw in preparation on my visit with him last week. I have asked him to finish it for me while we await the Concerto build.

It's a fabulous looking instrument, based on his innovative design, with exceptional Master Grade top, back, sides, fingerboard and bridge, but when I saw it, almost completed, it hadn't been strung. When I got back to Idaho I emailed Steve to discuss terms and he told me that it had been strung and sounds wonderful. One of his best, I think, from what he said. We agreed a price and I'm hoping he can finish the guitar and ship it to me before I leave for the UK. So, not quite a 'commissioned from scratch' custom build, but I would have chosen exactly this specification given the chance. Can't wait to play it! If Steve says it's that good, it must be something very special.
Steve Fischer 12/15 - German Spruce, Brazilian Rosewood
Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 AM

Things are moving on a pace...

Which woods were used on the 12/15 ? Fancy a hook up when you're in the UK Mike? I'm based down south near Southampton...

Cheers,
Ian

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop