The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Got it fer next ta nuthin' cause the neck was busted! 😅

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Let's see the receipt!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:52 PM

This thread is hitting a little too close to home LOL!

I already own a CF that I love, but....then there is this guitar. I will be getting a little financial windfall and have been eyeballing this little CF for sometime. I mentioned to my wife that I can't make up my mind whether I like the orange one or the blue one better- her response was that the orange one looked yellow (Music Zoo's pictures) and, "How much does that cost"? Gulp

Seriously though, I feel like Nigel must have felt in Spinal Tap. I feel like telling her, "but honey, this neck on this guitar here is fixed. See? Where can you go from there? Where? But see, this neck here....
Old 08-24-2016, 11:03 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
This thread is hitting a little too close to home LOL!

I already own a CF that I love, but....then there is this guitar. I will be getting a little financial windfall and have been eyeballing this little CF for sometime. I mentioned to my wife that I can't make up my mind whether I like the orange one or the blue one better- her response was that the orange one looked yellow (Music Zoo's pictures) and, "How much does that cost"? Gulp

Seriously though, I feel like Nigel must have felt in Spinal Tap. I feel like telling her, "but honey, this neck on this guitar here is fixed. See? Where can you go from there? Where? But see, this neck here....
I like the colors of the Journey CF guitars, but my preference is the white one.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I like the colors of the Journey CF guitars, but my preference is the white one.
The white is my least favorite of the offerings but would make the best outdoor guitar in that it would stay cool to the touch in the sun better than any of the others. It is a bit sterile for my tastes and I don't even like the CAs or Rainsongs I've seen with white tops.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:38 AM
Charter Member

I ordered mine in blue
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 08-25-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
I ordered mine in blue
If I decide to pull the trigger I'm thinking orange or blue. I already have a black topped Rainsong, so I would want a second CF to stand out.

I've taken my Rainsong camping and loved it but the black top does get really hot if you want to play during the daytime.An orange or white OF660 would take care of that problem.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 AM
Guest 928

You might find the orange to also be hot.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

I have the blue, and although the color is good looking, it is darker and nay absorb heat more than the orange or white...

Old 08-25-2016, 01:35 PM

My blue OF660 certainly absorbs the heat when played in full sun.

The idea I have yet to try is fluorescent white board markers to let me put graffiti on my guitar that isn't permanent. Similar to the "This Machine Kills Fascists" that Woody Guthrie had on his guitar. Or maybe a set list. haha.

The white board marker idea makes me wonder if I should have got a white one.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Guest 928

My second Cargo was white. I had never thought I'd get a white guitar but after playing a number of carbon fiber guitars in southern Nevada I finally went for it--and I liked it a lot. Not only is it cool, it's cool.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:49 PM

Has anyone ever done a side by side comparison of different color tops in the sun? Im not convinced that it would make that much of a difference...
Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaichine View Post
Has anyone ever done a side by side comparison of different color tops in the sun? Im not convinced that it would make that much of a difference...
I'm not entirely convinced either but was thinking of car finishes. Black, or dark cars tend to get hotter than white or brighter colored ones. It just makes sense physically due to color properties, white reflecting all color/ black absorbing it. I know firsthand how hot the top of my Rainsong gets in full sun.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Guest 928

I don't remember where, but I remember seeing a chart that actually measured heat absorbed by various colors.

Also, relative to the same guitar, a number of comments have been made regarding some disparity between the bass and treble projection. I've heard that disparity in some of the sound tracks. Has anyone worked that disparity out with strings?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:14 PM

So I need help to convince Rob he should do a sunburst of660 in a satin finish. Looking at the Journey sunburst in their wood models I think it would look great on the CF. Regarding satin, my Emerald is gloss and is a fingerprint magnet. Thinking I would like satin
Old 08-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Charter Member

Ohhhhhhh.....sunburst and satin.....yesssss......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber