The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-13-2015, 01:26 PM

I know that on this issue... opinions differ significantly. IMHO... I can play the N2/NS neck well enough, however I would LOVE a lower profile version. I am a fan of the Taylor neck. The only thing better is my 60's SG... OH, now we're talking! A less chunky RainSong neck would be the holy grail.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:20 PM

FootballJim, thanks for the comparison between the Lucky 13 and the Rainsong. It helps give me confidence that I made the right choice.

CaptainJim & SteelPastor, one of my friends who is a superior guitarist really likes Taylors. Or course, he'll play whatever's available and so will I, but he definitely prefers a shallow neck. It's a commonplace between us that if he likes the playability of a guitar, I probably won't! So everyone posting an 'anti-Rainsong' preference for Taylor-like necks is helping me quite a lot!

I'm still waiting to hear back on the offer.

Kurt
Old 02-13-2015, 04:21 PM

Less chunky would be the original N1 neck, so that means a used Rainsong. All the new ones come with the thicker "chunkier" N2 or NS necks, with truss rods.

I'm hanging on to my older Hawaiian made WS-1000 with the N1 beck, and might even squirrel away another one if the right deal comes along. I love its feel and playability, but I also love Taylor necks. A far lower priority would be a getting a WS-3000 twelve string, as those are not being made anymore.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber