The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-12-2015, 10:29 AM

Default NGM: Rainsong P14

Well.....I LOVE this guitar!

I asked Mike and Jarrod at MacNichols Guitars in Utah to "do their magic" setting up my P14 and am I happy!

They set up the guitar including using a FMI saddle. The switch to this saddle makes a huge difference.....warmer....more resonant. The action "feels like butter"!

I am fortunately a recovering CF snob. Without even realizing it, for years I had been prejudiced against these beauties without even realizing it. Sooooo nice to know that I can continue to shed ridiculous prejudices I didn't even realized I had.

I keep this P14 in my office and play throughout the day. btw: I played both a P12 and P14. I know that a 12-fret guitar will have the bridge a tad closer to the "sweet spot" and one may have a bit more bass. However, due to a right shoulder issue, I was looking for a specific physical fit. The P14 does it.....along with my Bourgeois Vintage 0.

Since everyone knows what a "natural" Rainsong looks like(black)....I figured I would post a soundbite.

https://soundcloud.com/time2play2/bl...d-rainsong-p14

Last edited by Time2play; 02-12-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:46 PM

Nice buy...you done real good like,,,"Blackbird" on a "RainSong" nice
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-14-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2play View Post
...I am fortunately a recovering CF snob. Without even realizing it, for years I had been prejudiced against these beauties without even realizing it. Sooooo nice to know that I can continue to shed ridiculous prejudices I didn't even realized I had.
Nice post Bob. I keep seeing one person at a time on AGF opening up to the reality that there is some great tone to be had in CF. Truly great! Compare a Rainsong WS-1000 to a Collings Sitka/Maple dread or OM... blindfolded... prepare to be stunned. Personally, I have grown to think that a really good CF (not all are equal) is the perfect all-around guitar.

I still love my wood guitars and I will always have at least one, if for no other reason than aesthetic preference and the delicious smell of wood.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:09 PM

Thanks Kramster and Billder99....
I am really lucky I found this model....fits AND sounds and looks great.

Yes Billder99.....like you I love the aroma of my guitar.....the look of wood....and the sound as well. However, this Rainsong sound beautiful.....a WELCOME surprise.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber