The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-08-2015, 01:07 PM

If you're not in a hurry, you might want to wait to see what Alistair does with the X10 model. He has already announced that they have plans for the X10 and that they are discontinuing all center soundhole model. So, my prediction is that the X10 will get an offset soundhole (kind of a foregone conclusion really) and that it will get the bevel and other ergonomic features of the X20 and X7 and will slot nicely between the two.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:00 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalebk View Post
If you're not in a hurry, you might want to wait to see what Alistair does with the X10 model. He has already announced that they have plans for the X10 and that they are discontinuing all center soundhole model. So, my prediction is that the X10 will get an offset soundhole (kind of a foregone conclusion really) and that it will get the bevel and other ergonomic features of the X20 and X7 and will slot nicely between the two.
Any idea what the tonal differences will be? They both look like more ergonomic dreads. If that X10 is coming out soon, then it may be worth it to wait if it's going to be cheaper than the X20. I don't need 24 frets.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrick View Post
Any idea what the tonal differences will be? They both look like more ergonomic dreads. If that X10 is coming out soon, then it may be worth it to wait if it's going to be cheaper than the X20. I don't need 24 frets.
Alistair was very vague, didn't provide any details.

However, it's been announced that they're dropping all center sound hole models and that the X10 is going to be updated.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:56 PM

In a thread on another forum, Alistair had this to say about the X10: "There will be X10 news coming soon.................."

Followed by: "And some other news as well"

The other news was that they were transitioning to all offset soundhole models (and they're dropping the OS designation as a result, because it doesn't convey useful information any more). They're dropping the T8 and T20 models. From Alistair's comment about X10 news coming soon, I have to conclude that they're going to modify the X10 design, giving it an offset soundhole and likely the bevel and other ergonomic features of the X7 and X20.

Let me point out, though, that I don't have any inside information and am just making educated guesses. If you're not in a hurry and you're considering both the X7 and the X20, it might be a good time to wait a bit and see where things go.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:34 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info, Mchalebk. I might be able to wait another month but I don't know if I'll be able to control myself!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber