The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Default Do They Make?

I'd like to use my two small condenser mics in a small venue where I only use my BOSS Katana 50 for amplification. Therefore, I need something to: a.) provide phantom power for the mics, and b.) sum and convert the Loz mic signals to a single Hiz to go into the amp. Or, is this just stupid? I guess I could just use my Yamaha mixer into a powered cabinet (if I had one) or go ahead and install the JJB 330 that I have sitting around. Nothing like making things complicated. I'm guessing the consensus will be the JJB but I'd sure like to use the mics. BTW: this for instrumental only - no vocals at all - i wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Musical minimalist

Not 100% sure exactly what you are asking, but if your Yamaha mixer has phantom power, you should be all set - just run a 1/4" output off the mixer into your Boss and it should work fine.

If the Yamaha doesn't, you can get some inexpensive mixers that do - like an Alto ZMX862 or similar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification