The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-24-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle fever View Post
Yes, I would agree with you regarding the responsive tops being more prone to feedback. I believe I need to do more experimenting with mic placement during TD training for a "tighter" sound.

On another note, I called the Barbera company today and had a very nice conversation regarding the Soloist (I believe I spoke to the owner). I've learned that the Soloist is for 1/8" saddle slots and that my Collings OM is 3/32" saddle. Widening a saddle slot (even with the Stewmac jig) is tricky. I've done a fair share over the last few years and it's a repair that easily can go wrong. So, I really not sure what to do. I'm loving the thought of Soloist pickup, but not sure about altering my OM. I've got no fear of resale...this guitar will never be sold..just not sure.

Is there any other "high volume" pickup options that could be paired with my Tonedexter?
The Baggs LB6 is also designed for a 1/8" wide saddle slot, unfortunately.

The Fishman AG-.094 UST and the DTAR Sadducer UST will fit your saddle slot. From what I've read, the Sadducer will work better with ToneDexter's 1Mohm input impedance, though that may be a moot point once the signal is Dexterized.
Neither of these pickups will be as feedback resistant as the Soloist or LB6, but they'll be less prone to feedback than the Pure Mini. You should also be able to blend either of these pickups with the Pure Mini (if desired) without any phase issues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification