The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Have you thought about an AER amp? It's about the same price range.

1968 FG180 Red Label 2021 Neck reset like new.
1991 Martin HD28
2010 Yamaha LLX16 Solid Engelman Spruce
2011 Masterbilt 500RCCE
2011 John Mayer Strat
2009 Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro
2011 Maton EBG808C MF
2012 Maton EBG808TE
2013 Takamine Peak
2018 Fender American Professional Stratocaster
2020 Guild 512e Sunburst
2021 Yamaha FSX5
Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
Wow, that's unfortunate, for sure. I've used mine for a couple of years now and mine still is trouble-free. I'm careful, but not "tender," with it. Can we ask how you did that? And yes Fishman is great to work with; let us know what happens!
My brother had packed it up for me the last time I used it, then when i got it home and started unpacking it i didn't realize he had tightened the thumb screws all the way and when i tried to open up the legs i heard a snap sound. I noticed a bit of resistance but it's not like I was struggling. I didn't even notice until I went to stand it up and adjust the height.

Contacted Hello music and they are having fishman send me a new stand.

So far so good
Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 AM

Default Bose wins, but neither is a looser

I used the Fishman SA220 for a few years and it was good...But I got the Bose L1 Model 1S with B1 Bass Module and ToneMatch around Christmas and it really does sound better than the Fishman. The Bose has a much more natural sound. The Bass Module is the key, and the Tone Match system is fantastic. But if price is the issue, the Bose is at least twice as much as the Fishman.

Now If you're comparing the Fishman with the Bose Compact system, the Fishman blows that system away and they are very comparable in price...Id go with the Fishman in that case.

Taylor 314ce

Pono Acacia Tenor Uke

Fishman SA330x

Old 06-21-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone1202 View Post
I used the Fishman SA220 for a few years and it was good...But I got the Bose L1 Model 1S with B1 Bass Module and ToneMatch around Christmas and it really does sound better than the Fishman. The Bose has a much more natural sound. The Bass Module is the key, and the Tone Match system is fantastic. But if price is the issue, the Bose is at least twice as much as the Fishman.

Now If you're comparing the Fishman with the Bose Compact system, the Fishman blows that system away and they are very comparable in price...Id go with the Fishman in that case.
As you say, Hambone, the SA220 and the Bose L1 are two different beasts with, clearly, two different price tags. Not a surprise to me that anyone would say that the L1 is a more deluxe system -- but it's also well over twice the price, too. Everyone's ears are different, of course (and yes I'm a very happy SA220 owner) but absolutely, for the features and sound and quality, I like the SA220 over the Bose Compact. Both systems are very good, though; it's sure nice to have such great choices, ain't it?

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification