The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-31-2006, 08:34 AM

Default 2000 810-BCE Limited Legends of the Fall - what can anyone tell me about this one?

What can anyone tell me about the 2000 810-BCE Limited, Legends of the Fall? Do you think it would be hand revoiced? Any cons with the Fishman Prefix?

If you go to http://spaces.msn.com/dougspace37 > Click on the slideshow link to the right of the picture > choose full view to get the best picture

Do you think the Englemann top looks good?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:51 AM

That's a nice piece of Brazilian.

As for your question, see my previous comments about how you should play a bunch of guitars until you find one you like. What we think DOES NOT MATTER.

2005 Taylor W-14ce
2000 Taylor 514ce
2002 Taylor 310 (sold)
Old 03-31-2006, 08:53 AM

It all looks absolutely gorgeous to me. I reckon I'd be tempted to try and play it with the back facing frontwards it's so beautiful! But then all that creamy Engelmann would be hidden...decisions, decisions!

I'm not quite sure why you think it would be hand revoiced though. Others here would have a more knowledgable view on this.

Have you just bought it or are you thinking of buying it?

Old 03-31-2006, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cohn
That's a nice piece of Brazilian.

As for your question, see my previous comments about how you should play a bunch of guitars until you find one you like. What we think DOES NOT MATTER.
Frankly, I DO think what you think matters. Please don't take this the wrong way, because you have been very helpful in the past.

I get that I need to play these guitars, but the problem is I can't in most cases get my hands on them first because of their rarity. I try to get a Return Policy, but very few people are willing to give them, especially with these higher grade guitars. The value of the Taylor forum to me is the ability to get feed back from you pros who can help in making a decision. Of course it is always SUBJECTIVE, but isn't just about everything we give an opinion on? By doing it this way, I mitigate my risk to some degree, and, ultimately, think I will make a better decision. I do feel there is 'wisdom in the multitudes."

Again, don't take this personally, but I have been getting scolded like you guys are my mother for simply trying to make the best decision possible on a MAJOR decision. It is a little wearisome.

Just wait until you see the beauty I pull down, and let't still be friends...your bud, Doug :-)
Old 03-31-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3307doug
What can anyone tell me about the 2000 810-BCE Limited, Legends of the Fall? Do you think it would be hand revoiced? Any cons with the Fishman Prefix?

If you go to http://spaces.msn.com/dougspace37 > Click on the slideshow link to the right of the picture > choose full view to get the best picture

Do you think the Englemann top looks good?
The 2000s have the NT neck, I don't think it would be practical to have it revoiced as it would be prohibitively expensive. I don't like the Fishman Prefix because of the large hole drilled on the side. I prefer the ES for the aesthetics as well as I think the sound is much more natural. The revoice definitely makes a difference as my 2003 810 has better projection/volume and base rumble than my 1998 Jumbo 855, though that may be attributed to a host of other things including the fact that's it's a Brazilian.

So maybe the best thing is to get a revoiced one if that's generally what you prefer.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:35 PM

I had a 2000 810-B LOTF. It was a great fingerpicking guitar with a wonderful sweet, warm voice, but I never liked it as a stummer or flatpicker...it was actually pretty easy to overdrive it. That's the main reason I sold it.

I don't see how you could revoice it without spending roughly the cost of a new guitar. Better to buy a X10 Brazilian outright.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:43 PM

If you care about the wood grades & production numbers, here's something from Wood & Steel about the 810-BCE:

810bce (810ce with B-grade Brazilian rosewood back/sides, L-grade Engelmann spruce top) - less than (100) pcs.

'93 LKSM 12

Gone:
'05 Avalon 101ce
'03 410r '91 815c '96 412M '00 614 '01 Big Baby '00 310KCE
'98 510ce
Old 03-31-2006, 03:11 PM
RednekHippieMotrcycleFrk

I have an 814-BCE Legends of the Fall. It is still one of my favorite guitars. Although it was built before Taylor revoiced its guitars, it is very loud and performs very well picked, plucked, and strummed. I have never over driven it, but if that were going to be a problem, I gave it every opportunity to show itself. I think that the LOTF guitars were great deals because it may have been the last time that you could get Brazilian at EIR prices. If the price of this 810-BCE is right, I would say, buy it.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:57 PM

Thumbs up Lotf

I tried a new 814BCE when I was shopping for my first Taylor. It was a very sweet guitar. Although I ended up buying a new 814ce, I wished I had enough money to get that sweet Brazilian.
612C COTTEN little sister
XXMC i'm sensitive

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion