The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-26-2016, 06:53 PM

Default Martin om21 vs om28e (retro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanfilippo5 View Post
Im sorry if this had already been discussed, but I am trying to figure out the main differences, other than cosmetic between the new om-28 and the new version om-21…

Looking at the 2 I thought they looked very similar, unless I am missing something?
I have both guitars. Have had the om28e for over two years and it is an amazing guitar, but I just bought the om21 custom shop with swiss spruce top
and I must say that the om21 has a more airy and articulate sound. OM28 has a low end growl and very nice Martin sound, but the OM21 really has impressed me and the clarity is amazing. I brought it on vacation and for the past seven days have been unable to put it down. I am bringing it to my luthier this coming week to have a K&K pure mini installed and then will probably put the om28e up for sale. I also have a Lowden and only need two guitars.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apf120 View Post
I have both guitars... I won't part with either one... I LOVE MY MARTINS Timestamp (Yesterday 05:52 AM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apf120 View Post
...the OM21 really has impressed me ... I am bringing it to my luthier this coming week to have a K&K pure mini installed and then will probably put the om28e up for sale. Timestamp (Yesterday 08:53 PM)
Well that was quick

Just poking fun, some guitars are just better than others, sounds like your OM21 is a keeper, congrats!

We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion