The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-23-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
If you're open to another product before you buy, check out the Digitech Trio+ It has 5 tracks plus flashdrive for more. Also bass and drum sounds if you want. I got one for Christmas and I'm still learning how to do things on it, but I like it.
2 of my friends bought Trio+ pedals last christmas and they are not impressed. I've had a listen and a play and prefer to use Band In A Box software.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 02-23-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pualee View Post
With the Mustang III v2, you should run the looper through the effects loop, and change the setting in the utilities to looper.

Then when you record your rhythm, it will stay that way, no matter what settings you change on the amp.

The looper will record what is coming into the loop, and only play back what came in. Your amp settings will affect your current signal from the guitar. You can layer many different tones this way.

Try this before you spend more money on more gear! You can have clean and crunch any way you like it.
Well that is just doggone brilliant! The only effect (that I want) I wouldn't have is a wah pedal. I could either pick up a cry baby or similar or get the Fender EXP-1 expression pedal for the Mustang III.

Anyone comment on using the EXP-1 pedal to control the wah effect in the Mustang III?

Thanks Paulee and everyone else for your advice.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:15 PM

Default Resolved

Thanks again everyone for you comments and suggestions. I decided for me, the best solution was the Boss ME-80. The sort of $200 units required extra footswitches for full functionality. I picked it up at GC this morning. The reason is most of the other solutions required a fair amount of cabling to hook everything up. I don't have a dedicated "studio" so I have to set my stuff up and tear it down anytime I play (other than unplugged). The me-80 is self-contained. Nothing to add unless I want loops longer than its 38 second capacity. It works great with a guitar and headphones.
Been playing with it 1/2 the day and it's a lot of fun and very easy to configure with just the knobs and switches. It's like a bunch of separate stomp boxes. I'll get into programming it to use "memory mode" as soon as I decide what combinations I like for what. Anyway I'm done obsessing!
The effects loop with the Mustang with either a Fender EXP-1 pedal or a separate wah pedal with the two button and four button Fender footswitches and the looper AND the power supplies... well it's a lot to plug in even if I make a pedal board and mount everything.
Also the acoustic setting (not the simulator) makes my acoustics sound pretty good through the Mustang as well. I just use the Twin Reverb amp model and set everything to flat-ish and turned the gain down pretty low.
I'm happy.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Update

I have had this pedal for a month or so now and I really like it. Besides all of the usual stuff, I tried using it for an acoustic preamp with my Epiphone EL-00 Pro with the Fishman NEO humbucker sound hole pick up. The UST that it came with was very unbalanced. Works great for that. The direct output of the pickup into my Fishman Loudbox Mini is a little low. This allows it to better match the levels of my UST acoustics. EQ and reverb sound great.

Also the simple looper feature works great (as long as the chord progression is < 38 seconds).

Also nice as a practice amp with headphones.

I am not sophisticated enough to compare to separate pedals all wired together. But everything sounds good to my ears. Whether clean or distorted with overdrive. Simple to operate and makes a nice clean setup.

Recommended highly. Also cost effective compared to individual pedals and a pedal board with power supply.

I does weigh a ton or so though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars