The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Default "How Do I Say" new original song using pre-rogue RA-90 Dreadnought $50.00 guitar.

Just a simple progression, finger-picking arpeggios, open d tuning.
I'm singing two part harmony on the 2nd and 3rd chorus. I bought this "Baja" acoustic dreadnought guitar a long time ago from music123 for $50.00 USD. That company is a subsidiary of musicians friend from what I understand.
They changed the name to Rogue after that, the RA-90 model. The guitar plays well after setup. I have a surface mount piezo pickup on the bridge, and I also mic'd the guitar with a standard condenser microphone and a USB microphone.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Guest 33123

That was great! Very nicely produced too.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
That was great! Very nicely produced too.
Thanks, I appreciate your comment. I used FL Studio 10 and then used Audacity to fadeout the end a bit more. I think my vocals could of been a bit better.. but sometimes you just have to whip it out there.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Half guitar, half banjo sound, which is not to say bad necessarily (I played bluegrass banjo for several years). Like trash can percussion bands, they still make music.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 02-20-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Half guitar, half banjo sound, which is not to say bad necessarily (I played bluegrass banjo for several years). Like trash can percussion bands, they still make music.
Yes Sir, you are correct.. because I was finger picking almost right next to the bridge vs the sound hole or more towards the neck. That, plus the surface mount piezo is on the bridge itself. I wanted more of that type of sound for the song. :-)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell