The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-11-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Gotta love those Taylors!

I may get flamed or ignored, but I have to say this. Scientology, TGF/AGF, finish problems, customer service problems, whatever. I just spent the last hour and a half playing my wonderful 314. I will probably spend more time this afternoon playing one of my other Taylors. I love these guitars! I play as many guitars as I can when I go to music stores. Taylors are for me. I am sure there are other guitars that I might like, but I don't want to spend the extra money or wait for it to be built. Martins are great, just not for me. I actually played a Guild the other day that kind of rocked my world, but not enough.

Feel free to criticize me for not being political enough or whatever. I will continue to enjoy my Taylors until another guitar/sound causes me to change, not politics. It is an instrument for making music, nothing more nothing less.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 AM

I totally agree. You have to play what sings to you.

If you want to find another Martin that speaks to you, try a small bodied mahogany model. You might really like the 000-15, and you can get one way less than a grand.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 AM

I have an '67 O16 NY which is a small body mahogany. It's great! I have silk and steel strings on it that give it a somewhat different sound. I mostly use it now for quiet playing at night.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:23 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridian
I totally agree. You have to play what sings to you.
Read what I think of Taylors below.

The Guitars:

2005 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion 3

@ STOLEN @ 1980 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion - Serial # 83010043
@ STOLEN @ 2002 814ce LTD - Serial # 20020930110

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

http://bobbyfromnc.blogspot.com/

John 3.16
Old 08-11-2004, 11:31 AM

My '99 W14c is the absolute perfect guitar for me. I could do without the abalone purfling, abalone rosette, and fancy inlays, but its about the body shape, neck profile, no electronics, no pickguard, and the cedar/walnut combo that makes it a joy for me to play. Its just so mellow sounding.

As far as making music, thats a different story.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Give Me Liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH
I may get flamed or ignored, but I have to say this. Scientology, TGF/AGF, finish problems, customer service problems, whatever. I just spent the last hour and a half playing my wonderful 314. I will probably spend more time this afternoon playing one of my other Taylors. I love these guitars! I play as many guitars as I can when I go to music stores. Taylors are for me. I am sure there are other guitars that I might like, but I don't want to spend the extra money or wait for it to be built. Martins are great, just not for me. I actually played a Guild the other day that kind of rocked my world, but not enough.

Feel free to criticize me for not being political enough or whatever. I will continue to enjoy my Taylors until another guitar/sound causes me to change, not politics. It is an instrument for making music, nothing more nothing less.

I totally agree. I love my taylors. I find them inspiring
Old 08-11-2004, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH

Three words for you my friend "12 Fret Martins". Do not , I repeat , do not ever play one with fresh strings and a good set up on it. Your world will change as you know it and there will be no peace in your life

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"

Last edited by Stixx; 08-11-2004 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2004, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto
I totally agree. I love my taylors. I find them inspiring
Ditto.

Just wish I had more talent.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:22 PM

Smile

Mark, I completely agree with you. I LOVE MY TAYLORS!!!! Given the chance and some money, I'll buy another one. (I've been dreaming about that new orange DDSM.)

MAKE it a GREAT day!!!
Marge
And wrap it all around you." John Denver

Guitars: R.Taylors: Style I Brazillian/Sitka, Style I Quilted Mahogany/Swiss Moon Spruce; Taylors: JDCM, XXX-MC, 954ceL2, DDSM, XXXV-9string; Larrivee: koa/sitka parlor
Old 08-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

MJH,

No flaming here! I love mine too...both of them! Not only do they sound great to my ear, they stay in tune!

I've tried the "others" too...and often test drive them at every opportunity. I'm ripe for a new guitar soon (probably a dread), and will pick another one that sounds and feels "right"....regardless of the brand name or political correctness.

It's good to hear someone sharing their happiness today! Thank-you MJH.
Now, let's go play the strings off our guitars!

Great post,

Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJH

Old 08-11-2004, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx
Three words for you my friend "12 Fret Martins". Do not , I repeat , do not ever play one with fresh strings and a good set up on it. Your world will change as you know it and there will be no peace in your life
My O16 NY has 12 frets to the body. Does that make it a 12 fret Martin? I am not trying to be funny, just asking. It was my main and only guitar from 1969 to January of 1998. I wanted a dread and also wanted to try something with a smaller nut. My Martin has a 1 & 7/8. Quite a stretch for me for certain songs and chording.

I still love the Martin, just like my Taylors better right now. The Martin is a sweet thing to play, though.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:31 PM

I love both my Taylor and my Larrivee. Both are very well made guitars.

1997 Taylor 814ce
Goodall AKJ
Old 08-11-2004, 03:39 PM

Default reply

That is just how I felt when I played my 414! I actually went into the store to buy a Martin 00028EC (Which I loved) But The taylor just did it for me!--They are great guitars!---Gasee

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion