The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2004, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman
If you really want a Martin you might lurk over at the UMGF and check out the buy and sell
Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum
Thanks for the info. I wasnt really looking for a Martin. Just browsing pawn shops looking for the needle in a haystack deal. I understand pawn shops are smarter than they used to be and it's harder to find a super deal. But you never know. I found a shotgun one time that the guy had way undervalued. I bought it, used it for a few years, then traded up for something else. Got more on trade than what I had in it.

I am trying to decide what my next guitar should be. There is a W10 hanging in a local shop . . . I should go play it some time. The back is beautiful!

wayne
Old 09-21-2004, 12:56 PM

Default 1974 Martin D-18 Value

I sold a near mint condition 1974 D-18L in 1998 for $1200. The pick guard was starting to curl near the waist of the guitar but it was otherwise without a scratch or ding.

For the condition of the pawn shop find, I wouldn't give more than $800.

Don
Old 09-21-2004, 01:01 PM

that'd be fair to all...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion