The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Default Acoustic Impulse Responses (IR's) using a Modeller for an acoustic direct sound

Yesterday I was searching the forums for some new patches for my Atomic 'Amplifire' Modeller. What does this have to do with acoustic guitar? ...Everything...

I came across a post where someone was talking about the 3Sigma IR's for a Martin D45 Acoustic that could be loaded into the Amplifire, Kemper or Ax-Effects Modellers.

So the same technology that goes into creating realistic Speaker and Cabinet emulations is similar to the concept of Fishman Aura Images ? Creating a mic'ed acoustic sound as opposed to the quack of piezo.

I loaded the IR - turned off the amps and effects on the Amplifire, with the exception of Reverb and a bit of compression.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thing sounds amazing - like, game changing amazing, the BEST direct acoustic guitar sound I have ever heard - amazing -
This is going to immediately replace the various Aura pedals, Reverb, Body Rez and EQ pedals I have been tinkering with over the years.

Just wondering if any acoustic players have discovered this?
Old 01-02-2018, 01:56 PM

Are you able to set the blend between the IR and the direct signal?
Old 01-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Lots of discussion on this topic. Search for Tondexter, Aura, and any of the threads by Cuki, who has written more than anyone can digest on the topic. :-)
Old 01-03-2018, 03:47 AM

Those are my old thread, sorry many of the soundcloud samples will be missing but there are many left. It has been not updated for very long... so my IR process is much better now. You can also read the Fishman, Yamaha and Tonedexter patents.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=447334

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=448436

Cuki
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification