The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-29-2017, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Definitely an enjoyable video and the vocals are way more natural. Only thing is there are speakers all over the room and a mixer; are you sure they're only using the Roy?
yep look at the cords from the mic an the guitars they are only in the Roy!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
yep look at the cords from the mic an the guitars they are only in the Roy!

...but there could be a line out from the Roy going to the other speakers.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
...but there could be a line out from the Roy going to the other speakers.
True, but I am very familiar with the Schertler sound (I own and use a Jam 400, Jam 200, Bass 200, and also a Side), and I can tell you from experience that's what the bigger Schertlers sound like (Jam 400 and Roy). I've had some smaller festival gigs (200 to 500 people) where the main system went down and I carried the gig with just the Jam 400! I always use the Jam 400 when I'm playing gigs for these types of shows for just that reason. Yesterday I did a killer show with it, and while I was sound checking people thought the main PA was on when it wasn't, and when they added the main PA system it sounded great....

Old 07-29-2018, 04:51 PM

Default Demo of amplification with VOCALS! (Bose L1c, Maui, JBL eon, Schertler)

This I good to hear. I’m in the middle of downsizing. I am looking for a one piece luggable system that can handle my guitar and two vocals, plus occasional guest instrumentalists (electric violin, sax, etc.). I’m at the Schertler Roy pretty seriously. A lot of places I play have House PA systems. I really just want to have a fast and easy setup with great sound whether or not there is a system available. My biggest fear with the Roy is not getting the high frequencies up over people’s heads, and throwing sound to the back of a room without it being blaring loud close up. My hearing is pretty damaged already.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
This I good to hear. I’m in the middle of downsizing. I am looking for a one piece luggable system that can handle my guitar and two vocals, plus occasional guest instrumentalists (electric violin, sax, etc.). I’m at the Schertler Roy pretty seriously. A lot of places I play have House PA systems. I really just want to have a fast and easy setup with great sound whether or not there is a system available. My biggest fear with the Roy is not getting the high frequencies up over people’s heads, and throwing sound to the back of a room without it being blaring loud close up. My hearing is pretty damaged already.
It is important to get the Schertler up in the air which is funny because I had to mount a pole mount on my Jam 400. But the compression driver in the Jam 400 throws the highs impressively, you just need to put it off to the side of you a bit and turn it in enough for you to hear it, and it works great! The Roy is supposed to be a new improved Jam 400 so it should be great!

Here's the thread I started about adding the pole mount...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification